The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Zenyatta

Home Forums Horse Racing Zenyatta

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 315 total)
  • Author
    JHorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 161

American Lion, Caracortado, & Zenyatta Schooling at Santa Anita

Zenyatta appears at about 2:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tXm_F7HsMY

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Thanks for the link, I was wondering if there was anywhere to watch Big Z’s race.

Looks like you do have to sign up so will do that in advance!

• Total Posts 1982

Life Is Sweet

, the winner of the Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic at Santa Anita last November, was retired on Saturday after suffering muscle cramps following a workout at Hollywood Park. She will be bred to Smart Strike.

JHorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 161

ZENYATTA WINS – 15 for 15

Zenyatta overcomes traffic trouble. Amazing agility for such a big horse. Mike Smith never uncocked his whip. Trevor really likes that word unbelievable when calling Zenyatta’s races, but what other word is there. Zenyatta is absolutely unique.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing … nside.aspx

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Zenyatta was SPECTACULAR today. Mike Smith knew she would bully her way to the front, and she was not given a single tap with the whip. She looks bigger and better than last year, her ears were up the whole way round, she easily could’ve gone another mile. No horse in training right now, any surface, any country, can beat her in a route race.

JHorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 161

Another amazing finish by Zenyatta. The mile was run in 1:35.75 and the 9f in 1:48.20. If my math is correct that means the last furlong was covered in 12.45. Since Zenyatta was a good 2-3 lengths behind at the mile that means Zenyatta ran the last furlong in about 12 flat,running effortlessly and playing around with her ears, while zig-zagging around horses and Mike Smith never touched her with the whip – Wow. What could Zenyatta do if she was really trying?

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

She really is some machine. Seems to go through them effortlessly.

Where do people in the States place her against the likes of Secretariat, etc? Where is she on the all-time list?

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Hell she wasn’t even horse of the year. maybe this year.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

How is Zenyatta unique? Her racing pattern is just the same as Zarkava’s and Zenyatta has beaten the males as many times. I still have Zarkava ahead on class. Such a shame we didn’t get at least one more season from her. I reckon that race caller would get excited about dropping the spoon while eating his corn flakes.

Zenyatta had that lot covered by a lot of poundage. Without the traffic she rounds them up in about 3-4 strides. Yes she did win a very average Breeders Classic. I don’t rate her too highly on all time lists. She’s an outstanding mare regardless of where her place in history stands.

I don’t think Zenyatta has ever beaten a world class animal at their pet distance as easily as Zarkava beat Goldikova ( seven Gr1 mile wins since then ) over a mile. It’s most unlikely that she will.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Trouble is she is not into pet distances or pet weights.She just goes out and runs. If you want to avoid her that is your business. She will turn up and if you are there take you on. And beat you.One year she runs in the fillies race the next in the classic; don’t matter to her.That is how she is unique. Take her on and quit the talking.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

No horse in training right now, any surface, any country, can beat her in a route race.

What is a "route race"? I don’t think we have them here.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Think it mean "Top Drawer" Like the Arc , Breeders, Epasom Derby etc.

Whatever it mean I think he’s right :wink:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Some are here for intelligent discussion not ranting idiocy Andy. Nobody has to "take her on" and we’re all here for the "talking".

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

BTW there’s nothing unique about a mare taking on her own sex one year and males in open grade the next. It’s been going on since Adam lost a rib.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

She really is some machine. Seems to go through them effortlessly.

Where do people in the States place her against the likes of Secretariat, etc? Where is she on the all-time list?

Not even the best mare (that honor goes to Miss Woodford herself, who won 16 in a row and beat the best of both sexes at up to 2 1/2 miles). She’s certainly the best American racehorse of the 21st century, but she’d be hard-pressed to beat the 20th century legends.

How is Zenyatta unique? Her racing pattern is just the same as Zarkava’s and Zenyatta has beaten the males as many times. I still have Zarkava ahead on class. Such a shame we didn’t get at least one more season from her. I reckon that race caller would get excited about dropping the spoon while eating his corn flakes.

Zenyatta had that lot covered by a lot of poundage. Without the traffic she rounds them up in about 3-4 strides. Yes she did win a very average Breeders Classic. I don’t rate her too highly on all time lists. She’s an outstanding mare regardless of where her place in history stands.

I don’t think Zenyatta has ever beaten a world class animal at their pet distance as easily as Zarkava beat Goldikova ( seven Gr1 mile wins since then ) over a mile. It’s most unlikely that she will.

Going 15 for 15 at a G1 level, no matter who she has beaten, is to me more impressive than going 7 for 7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_un … racehorses

54 Kincsem Hungary Ch.f. 1874 Cambuscan (GB) x Water Nymph by Cotswold[2]
    19 Peppers Pride United States B.f. 2003 Desert God x Lady Pepper by Chili Pepper Pie [3]
    18 Eclipse Great Britain Ch.c. 1764 Marske x Spilletta by Regulus[4][5][6]
    16 Ormonde Great Britain B.c. 1883 Bend Or x Lily Agnes by Macaroni[7][8]
    16 Ribot Great Britain B.c. 1952 Tenerani (ITY) x Romanella (ITY) by El Greco[9]
    15 Colin United States Br.c. 1905 Commando x Pastorella (GB) by Springfield [10]

15[11] Zenyatta United States B/br.f. 2004 Street Cry (IRE) x Vertigineux by Kris S.

14[12] Highflyer Great Britain B.c. 1774 Herod x Rachel by Blank x 1751 mare by Regulus[13]
    14 Nearco Italy Br.c. 1935 Pharos (GB) x Nogara by Havresac II (FR)
    13 Barcaldine Great Britain B.c. 1878 Solon x Ballyroe by Belladrum

Zarkava isn’t even in the top 25 on the list.

Zenyatta has raced over multiple seasons, with a come-from-behind style that is rarely this successful in non-turf races. She has won on many synthetic surfaces (Tapeta, ProRide, cushion track, whatever the heck Del Mar is made of) and on dirt. Note that very few horses that are good at Santa Anita are equally good at Del Mar or Hollywood, and vice versa, because the surfaces are so different.

Furthermore, Zenyatta has star quality. Her dancing, her physical presence (she’s huge!), the way she wins so effortlessly, these endear her to so many US fans. You have to remember that racing over here has far less of a national profile than in the UK. For a racehorse to even be mentioned on ESPN, or to be given more than a few sentences in a newspaper, is extremely rare. For a horse who isn’t involved in the Triple Crown to be given such coverage is practically unheard of. With every win Zenyatta gets more and more press and draws in more fans to racing.

No horse in training right now, any surface, any country, can beat her in a route race.

What is a "route race"? I don’t think we have them here.

A route is greater than one mile in distance. Compare to a sprint (less than one mile).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Trouble is she is not into pet distances or pet weights

Even your first line doesn’t make sense. If Zenyatta "is not into pet distances" then why does she run at 9f almost every single start? Have you been on an all nighter Andy? You’re forgivven. :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Trouble is she is not into pet distances or pet weights

Even your first line doesn’t make sense. If Zenyatta "is not into pet distances" then why does she run at 9f almost every single start? Have you been on an all nighter Andy? You’re forgivven. :lol:

Because that’s all we have. Seriously, there are very, very few 10f+ G1 races on dirt (or synth, which is the only option in California) in this country, and none for older mares. Besides, she won at 8.5f 8 times, and 10f in the Breeders’ Cup Classic.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.