The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Zenyatta

Home Forums Horse Racing Zenyatta

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 315 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Whats the time of the race? Can someone post the result asap please..fingers crossed for her…

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Bos!!! anyone can enter their fillies or colts in the same race as Zenyatta so they’re to blame for running and hiding not Zeyatta’s connections.

She beaten everything that’s been put in front of her and destroyed the boys too when they came to the party.

Didn’t se Oxx rushing to send Sea the Stars over and how much was the prize money?

Anyway I hate these races before the big one. Zenyatta won’t or at least shouldn’t be at her peak tonight so it makes it a risky race.

Hope zhe winz and comez home zafe and we zee her go 20 for 20 on the big one.

G/l Girl

Zenyatta was only confirmed for last year’s Breeders’ Cup after it was announced that Sea The Stars wouldn’t be running; until that point her participation was very much in doubt.

You’re remembering things wrong. Zenyatta’s entire campaign last year was designed to keep her fresh for the Classic, it was all but guaranteed that she would run there. The Mosses were saying that they hoped the Classic would give her the Horse of the Year title (it didn’t) Had Rachel Alexandra gone into the Distaff, public pressure would require the two to meet there, but in that case if Zenyatta won she would be HOTY. I suspect it was Zenyatta that partially influenced the decision for Sea the Stars not to run in the BC.

Whats the time of the race? Can someone post the result asap please..fingers crossed for her…

It’d be 4:15 local time, so 12:15 GMT.
    Ways to watch her live:
    http://www.espn3.com (not available on some internet service providers)
    http://www.calracing.com (free registration)
    http://www.oaktreeracing.com (free registration)

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Dont forget the thoroughly likeable Hibaayeb who runs in a Grade 1 at Hollywood Park. Too knackered to stay up for it but look forward to catching up with her tomorrow. Hopefully back on good ground again making her US debut.

JHorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 161

Schooling in the paddock yesterday, looks like the big mare is ready to run.

Pricks up her ears at the call to the post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiPYCMHMIug

Dancing and pawing at the earth as she hears the call of the race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeo4UFBd50g

Good Luck Zenyatta You Go Girl, get #19

Presto
    • Total Posts 315

I’ll tell you why people complain about Zenyatta’s races. She only runs ONE competitive race a year.

Facts: She’s faced the males once. She’s never left the West coast (until she goes to the BC this year). Last year’s BC aside, she beats up small fields of fillies & mares as a long odds-on favorite.

Why are they so conservative? She’s undoubtedly great, so let her prove it more than once a year! She handles different tracks, synthetics and dirt. Bosranic mentioned that they’re just sticking to a tried-and-true formula. But is the trainer just not good enough to turn her out near 100% more than once a year? Or not confident enough that he can turn her out near 100% on the East coast? They certainly think she’s good enough to beat the best, so is she or her trainer not good enough to do it more than once a year? It’s a bit of a disgrace. Do they not do it because of her unbeaten record?

Kautoflyer claims that she’s not even beating the best F&M in the USA this year. Why not? Go East! It’s a longer trip, so give her a good prep so she can show her best.

Yes, we’ll admire her when she does run, but let us admire her running against the best horses more than once a year! Hell, Rachel beat the males twice in one year, even though one of those wasn’t the strongest race. At least give us that. They’re basically doing Zarkava’s 3 year old season over fewer distances, year after year with a mature horse.

Fist’s Sea The Stars statement is so ridiculously irrelevant it’s painful. Sea The Stars came off an unusually tough 3 year old campaign where he race-after-race took on the best in his continent (country in analogy to Zenyatta) at 10 and 12f plus the Guineas, and you’re asking him to travel to a far away land and run on a completely different surface. We just want Zenyatta to run more than one race against the best each year, on her surfaces.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

I can’t really get my head round this "schooling in the paddock" thing :)

However, I’d love Zenyatta if she were running in claimers – she’s a superstar for her character as much as the wins. People go crazy for all her odd little quirks, the stepping out and posing she does, and she puts numbers on the gate. Heck, she represents two things I generally don’t have much time for, flat racing and American dirt racing but I will still be checking the results tomorrow and looking it out on Youtube (I need to be up about 5.30am so won’t be staying up!).

British racing desperately needs a horse like Zenyatta! And for British trainers to be as open minded as Sheriffs. Wouldn’t it be great if they posted up videos of horses working (or snoozing in their stables like Life is Sweet!)?

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

There’s every chance of a slow tactical affair, I would have thought. If any of the other five runners are even going to start dreaming of turning over Zen, this must surely be their only chance of an upset. If this is the case, I wonder when Mike Smith will make his move?…

Is there an angle that could possibly make this ‘race’ sound interesting? :shock:

• Total Posts 1982

Switch will be no pushover and if Zenyatta isn’t near, or on the top of her game, this filly is dangerous.

She upset Kentucky Oaks winner (and favourtite for the BC Ladies Classic), Blind Luck, in the Hollywood Oaks with an impressive turn of foot inside the final furlong. That filly has since won the Grade One Alabama Stakes.

Only three, she is open to plenty of improvement and she won’t be stopping.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

It’d be 4:15 local time, so 12:15 GMT.
    Ways to watch her live:
    http://www.espn3.com (not available on some internet service providers)
    http://www.calracing.com (free registration)
    http://www.oaktreeracing.com (free registration)

Thanks Miss W. The oaktree.com one is perfect – just logged in – smooth as anything.

Must say Racing Post are complete put away merchants – said it was on ATR in todays paper – only after the JCGC did it become apparent this was not the case.

Anyway, what a silly industry this is. We pay fortunes to consultants who call themselves Racing For Change who mess around with the Champino Stakes, instead of making it their business to ensire we get live TV footage of history in the making. How many young boys and girls on their dads knees tonight could be captivated for life watching this mare? Madness.

Anyway, fingers crossed – 0 MTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ZENYATTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

ATR isn’t broadcasting it because they don’t want everyone to wake up their neighbors by screaming at their televisions at midnight :wink:

Even though horse racing outside of the Triple Crown almost never gets on national television, ESPN actually cut away from football for 5 minutes just for Zenyatta. She’s that important.

She won, in her usual heart-attack inducing fashion. Switch a close 2nd, dead-heat for 3rd between Moon de French and Satans Quick Chick. She knows where the wire is, and part of her whole "show" is making things exciting.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Wow. Words cannot sum up what this means to the modern sport of racing.

Lovely post race footage on the site, and a nice touch that Secretariat’s owner Penny Chenery was on hand to present the prize.

It felt like more of a heart stopper than that last performance – Mike Smith is some pilot to get her up in the shadow of the post like that.

Who knows if she will win the Breeders Cup, but on tonights evidence at Belmont you have to say her chance has improved immeasurably, and that she only has whatever Europe throws at her to worry about.

This is the stuff of legend, make no mistake.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I really thought she wasn’t going to get there! Thanks for the link. Wonderful to feel part of history being made.

• Total Posts 1982

I warned you all about Switch and, like I promised, she wasn’t stopping.

That turn of foot inside the final furlong left me speechless because Switch has plenty of speed and maintains her effort right to the line. I would love to know how fast Zenyatta hit the wire on this occasion.

She appeared to be all out, but did you see her after the race? Still prancing and playing with the bit.

What a Drama Queen!!

• Total Posts 1982

Here is a link to Zenyatta making history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dq8fAQ6yjo

Watch Mike Smith closly down the stretch and watch his use of the whip. On the third hit, you see her quicken and, just when you think she couldn’t go any faster, after the fourth hit you can actually see her take off again in a split second.

It’s quite freaky – and she still finished with her ears pricked!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Dont forget the thoroughly likeable Hibaayeb who runs in a Grade 1 at Hollywood Park. Too knackered to stay up for it but look forward to catching up with her tomorrow. Hopefully back on good ground again making her US debut.

Hibaayeb won, by the way. Lasix + firm turf helped.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

British racing desperately needs a horse like Zenyatta! And for British trainers to be as open minded as Sheriffs. Wouldn’t it be great if they posted up videos of horses working (or snoozing in their stables like Life is Sweet!)?

Couldn’t agree more. They have made her a family name.

The videos, publicity, news, everything and it’s not just that she’s unbeaten but things like mentioning her on the news. It doesn’t cost anything but we seem to miss the trick here.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

After watching that do you guys think she’d pick up a horse like Cape Blanco if he made the running (tested stamina etc)

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.