Your Nap, Lay and Each Way

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2018 Your Nap, Lay and Each Way

This topic contains 39 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by botchy1 botchy1 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19728

NAP – Would of been Altior and I still think he can win or go very close not overly keen on horses that have had seasons interrupted so the NAP goes to SAMCRO in the Ballymore, I think the likely pace and course will make him look even better than he already does. Not looked forward to one as much as him since Faugheen debuted the festival.

LAY – I haven’t got a strong opinion of a lay, I think other than Mite Bite the Gold Cup is much of a muchness and if NATIVE RIVER was to go shorter I’d consider place laying him. Plenty behind in the market to take him on with regarding the place side imo

Each Way – I like Minella Rocco but put him up on the longshots thread so will give ESPOIR D’ALLEN a shout out in the Triumph at 25’s with Stan James. I’ve not any fallout after his poor showing the other day but he looked good before that, does anyone have any news?.
    He did pull early and the pace wasn’t great so should have a better pace at Cheltenham to travel into.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 488

NAP: Footpad – Arkle
    Lay: Altior – Champion Chase
    Each Way: Sharjah – Supreme 25/1

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Good man Nathan, always a good read this thread.

Nap – Cause of Causes or Tiger Roll, Cause of Causes or Tiger Roll???? I’ll go for Cause of Causes, as napping him the last few years has worked out ok. I hold out hope that they’ll try to win four different races with him, and go Coral Cup or Ultima, but it looks like my two favourite horses up against each other.

Lay – Min

Each Way – It has to be Edwulf. Only horse to make a race of it against Tiger Roll last year, and if not for that seizure, finishing second would be be nothing to ashamed of. He’s had no credit for that Leapordstown win, and I think his price of 25’s is crazy, batshit crazy.

JAMIEDB9007
    JAMIEDB9007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 263

Nap – Petit Mouchoir – Arkle – think he will strip a lot fitter next time, and on better ground, might not let Footpad stroll on from the front, but instead go from the front himself. I know hurdles form doesn’t necessarily translate to fences, but he’s beaten Footpad before.

Lay – Samcro – my eyes don’t deceieve me, but how mnay “good things” have been beaten at the festival? Dunguib, Denman etc etc….he will be a machine over fences of that I have no doubt, but these hotpots are there to get beat, and on occasion a bookies dream.

Each Way – have a couple – Ivanovich Gorbatov – whatever race he ends up in, huge plot waiting to happen.
    But I like Whisky Sour if he goes for the Ballymore, is screaming out for the step up in trip to me.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

Nap – apples jade
    Lay – Sam spinner
    Each way – cantlow

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1051

These threads are making me notice how little studying i’ve done for Cheltenham yet!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563

NAP – Buveur Dair. Looks the only bombproof one.
    Lay – Anyone who isnt taking on a favourite is giving a copout answer. I will go for Supasundae.
    Each way – 7-1 in a place Sizing John for the Gold Cup looks too big.

Zamorston
    Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1120

Nap – Sam Spinner
    Lay – Footpad
    Each Way – Vinndication

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 389

NAP – BUVUER DAIR/APPLES JADE – because both of them have 0 negatives and no excuses to get beat. Out of the other short prices favs there is either 1 or 2 little negatives.
    Altior – interrupted season and will be bounce?
    Footpad – seems to have some very good opponents and will PM get a lot closer?
    Samcro – will he be as destructive on the ground ?

LAY: Willoughby court – love Yanworth but he can’t jump a fence so on that basis I can’t back WC because Yanworth beat him who I don’t have down as a good jumper.
    Road to riches (place lay) – low hurdles rating and if you actually pick through its form over fences it’s not as good as it looks. Yes last run was a decent field but sizing John and yorkhill clearly both underperformed and 66/1 shot balko Des flo came within 1 and 1/4 of RTR that day. People question the form of the king George but you could argue this race was worse form with the proximity of BDF.

EACH WAY : Yanworth in the stayers

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2013

Nap – Footpad (I really like this horse and feel he’s going to have a smashing future as a chaser)

Lay – Altior (he will have to be in peak form if Min and/or Douvan rolls into town at 100% and he’s a tad short at 8/11 given his well documented issues)

E/W – Le Breuil (the trainer has made it clear how highly he regards this horse and if he runs in the Coral Cup 25/1 would look a smashing e/w bet back on a sounder surface)

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2064

NAP – Burning Ambition (Foxhunters)

Lay – Footpad (Think PM will reverse the Irish Arkle form)

Each way – L’Ami Serge (Stayers)

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19728

Lay – Anyone who isnt taking on a favourite is giving a copout answer. I will go for Supasundae

Possibly, depends on price.
    Native River though is a shorter price to place lay than what Supasundae is to win

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 601

Jasolong – Apple’s Jade always improves for a run, and as much as she’s deserving of her price she isn’t bulletproof coming off such a break. Hopefully Mullins gets one of his decent mares to the race in decent order as there’s not much in behind.

NAP – Samcro
    Lay – Presenting Percy
    E/W – We Have A Dream

Shotta Sheriff
    Shotta Sheriff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 94

Nap – Cause of Causes.
    Lay – Presenting Percy
    EW – My Tent or Yours

msercs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 164

NAP – MALL DINI (4 miler with K Walsh onboard I hope)

LAY – FOOTPAD

EW – SLATE HOUSE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.