The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

York stewards

Home Forums Horse Racing York stewards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

The stewards at York on Saturday must have been in a very benign mood when Richard Kingscote appeared before them following the two-year-old maiden in which he was narrowly beaten on the favourite, Falling Angel. He appeared to be taking things easy on his mount who had gone clear of the field approaching the final furlong and was collared close home by Sweet Sonnet who he didn’t seem to see until very late on. They noted his explanation that his filly ran green and tended to hang to the left and took no action.

All I can say is that Kingscote was a very lucky boy. "She would have won if her jockey had ridden her right out" is the RP Analysis and it’s hard to disagree with that. To my eyes he was too busy watching himself on the big screen on his left to spot the danger coming from his right and there’s no doubt in my mind that he deserved a suspension.

I don’t know what sort of reception he got from the crowd but I certainly hope the trainer gave him a piece of his mind.

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3137

It’s hard to believe if Kingscote had received his deserved suspension he would have done anything apart from hold his hands up and say "It’s a fair cop guv".
    A dereliction of duty from the stewards on the day and surely the BHA should take action against them for incompetence.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

I think it was thanks to the fact that Kingscote looked at the big screen that he was alerted to Sweet Sonnet swooping from nowhere ………. resulting in a renewed effort on Falling Angel. To no avail, however.
    But in fairness, Falling Angel was so far clear that many another jockey would have eased down. That’s no consolation, however, to the many who backed the horse. (Least of all, much consolation to the Layer who had gone £4,000 to win £4 on Sweet Sonnet. :twisted: ).

Maybe a reason for the stewards leniency was that at no stage did Kingscote actually drop his hands.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.