The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Yet another crap ride from so called "top" jockeys

Home Forums Horse Racing Yet another crap ride from so called "top" jockeys

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 3

Yet again in the last 2 days 2 **** rides by 2 so called “Top” jockeys. Jamie Spencer and now Ryan Moore.

If a top person in any other profession had as many crap results as some of these guys they would be out of a job in a week. Imagine a top surgeon – Oh the patient dies coz I had a bad day and couldn’t be bothered.

Never had this problem years ago with the true greats, Richard Dunwoody, John Frankam et all

FFS – stewards get it sorted out and at least give the punters a chance

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Which Ryan Moore ride was this.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

TheGhostofCruella
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

If you’re referring to the July Cup, blame the horse not the jockey. War Fronts rarely train on and AFB is just proving that to be the case.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Suspect it was Ryan’s shorty, laid at 1.01 on Betfair and beaten fair and square by Boynton who looks top notch. Moore looked after the second when all hope was lost and that will pay off.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Suspect it was Ryan’s shorty, laid at 1.01 on Betfair and beaten fair and square by Boynton who looks top notch. Moore looked after the second when all hope was lost and that will pay off.

Boynton was simple tougher in the finish. He seemed to fight back when War Decree got nearer to him. I suspect War Decree might have won had he challenged wider.

I did War Decree ante-post at 9/2 and Boynton as a saver at 10/1, so I wasn’t bothered either way really.

People backing at Evens in a race like that are taking a big chance in my opinion and betting at 1/100 in running is not something I like trying. Trying to buy money may work some, of the time, even most of the time but there is absolutely no wriggle room at the odds. I think Graeme Cunningham said £13,000 was matched at 1/100, so if it was one guy, he was risking £13,000 for what amounts to a good Saturday Night out. :negative:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1951

Sorry Yiyayiya but I have to put your post at number 1 spot for silliest of the week. Boynton always had a big chance on form and War Decree also, but it is hard to decipher the form when they have won a maiden with nothing in behind backing the result up.

I had War Decree at 9/2 each way and was surprised he was as short as 7/4 even before South Seas was declared a N/R. Backing him to win at those odds is a bad bet even if he had won.

Edit: A bad bet unless the sectionals/overall time is impressive.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 3

And Again. The so called Brilliant Ryan Moore finished down the park on Even Song and another Aiden O Brian outsider wins. This is a bloody joke. Any more blatant and the jockeys will start pulling up and jumping off so that they dont win. Racing is in such a crap state, not like in my day when at least a couple of the fancied horses would be trying. Anyone who bets on racing now is a frekin imbecile!!!!!

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

i backed an underpriced moore fav again and lost money and its his fault and i lose money so nobody can possibly win
    the game is bent
    toys, pram

u ok babe?

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

And Again. The so called Brilliant Ryan Moore finished down the park on Even Song and another Aiden O Brian outsider wins. This is a bloody joke. Any more blatant and the jockeys will start pulling up and jumping off so that they dont win. Racing is in such a crap state, not like in my day when at least a couple of the fancied horses would be trying. Anyone who bets on racing now is a frekin imbecile!!!!!

The winner had the beating of the Epsom Oaks second on her Lingfield run. If you ignore the Epsom run she could never be ruled out on form. The favourite won at Royal Ascot but that’s one run and it wasn’t even a group one, she never should’ve been as short as she was.

This result was in the form book.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

And Again. Anyone who bets on racing now is a frekin imbecile!!!!!

So I see.

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Oh come on mate.
    Never been easier for punters to profit as long as bookmakers allow you to get on… And if not there’s always the exchanges.
    Am not going to say you shouldn’t have backed Even Song – if you believed her value. However, just a month between Ribblesdale and Irish Oaks and some don’t get over Ascot in time for the Curragh. Ground a lot different too. So there were reasons to suggest Even Song could disappoint.

If Ballydoyle were deliberately winning with the equal third-string, do you really think they’d allow the winner to go off 14/1?

I backed Seventh Heaven at Epsom but didn’t bet in today’s race. :-(
    My fault.

Value Is Everything
    Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2874

Staggering how many people find racing to be a joke/fixed etc yet still bet on it.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The Ribblesdale was a load of welly.

Architecture never ran her race and we ended up having to swallow the notion that Ajman Princess, an 86 rated maiden, had improved 21 lbs on the day.

I said at the time that the rating seemed to be a load of Barry White.

I laughed when I saw Even Song open at 1/2 for the race today and decided to have 25p e/w on Perfect Princess at 16/1 as a bit of value. There was just a chance she might have made all but in the end she went off with that in mind but never got home.

This was a poor renewal of the race and the horses are not Group 1 quality in my opinion.

No doubt Seventh Heaven will sail up the ratings and probably get stuffed at short odds down the line somewhere.

The only way Ryan could have done better was to get off and carry Even Song.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6309

You have to wonder sometimes whether some people are watching the same race as me!!

Even Song just never showed up and I am not sure she would have won if she had. It seems like the Ribblesdale form is “Barry White” and the runners from there that ran here proved it along with Shall We getting beat SIXTEEN lengths in a listed race yesterday!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.