The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wymott…?

Home Forums Horse Racing Wymott…?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ZamorstonZamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1113

Thought Wymott was too bad to be true today..

Looked a real promising chaser last year before getting injured in the RSA. Thought it was an eye-catching re-appearance a few weeks back in the Hennessy and thought the horse would be spot on to run a huge race today.

Have been waiting to see whether any news came through of another possible injury or something like that, but was surprised to read Donald McCains offering that the horse was unsuited by the testing conditions today?

I was under the impression that the horse liked to get it’s toe in and a look through the horses profile shows that 4 runs on going with ‘heavy’ in the description has yielded 2 wins and 2 seconds..

Strange then that the horse never really travelled, didn’t jump the best and went out like a light and was well beaten before 4 out…it’s a strange old game?

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Wymott has looked reluctant on his last 3 starts now, and that’s the big issue with hi imo. It’s possible that something’s hurting him (reportedly injured in RSA, carried head high and hung under pressure in the Hennessy, and then looked very laboured before dropping himself out today). Until that problem is identified and fixed, he’s one to avoid at all costs.

The Young FellaThe Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2072

Give him a small field and let him make the running and we’ll see a different horse, in my opinion.

I’m not sure where all these passive tactics have come from given the success of letting him bowl along last year.

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

Give him a small field and let him make the running and we’ll see a different horse, in my opinion.

I’m not sure where all these passive tactics have come from given the success of letting him bowl along last year.

Totally agree, seemed as if McGuire was attempting to keep him segregated, to no avail. I fancied him and tucked into 7/2 this morning.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2730

Two words

Grand National

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26579

Wymott has looked reluctant on his last 3 starts now, and that’s the big issue with hi imo. It’s possible that something’s hurting him (reportedly injured in RSA, carried head high and hung under pressure in the Hennessy, and then looked very laboured before dropping himself out today). Until that problem is identified and fixed, he’s one to avoid at all costs.

If I remember rightly, Wymott was well fancied in ante-post betting for the RSA. Then in the last few days before the race drifted badly. As if there was something amiss, and ran that way. Seem to recall the going was thought too lively that day, now it’s too soft. Before the RSA Wymott looked a genuine sort.

Betting yesterday suggested the McCain team believed they had sorted the problem out. Sometimes a physical ailment leads to a temperament problem. And once the physical is sorted, the temperament remains, or takes time to sort out.

Agreed, best to wait until Wymott proves himself once more.

value is everything
    SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5767

Agree Wymott needs avoiding for now. Trainer has always had him down as an idler – they put cheek-pieces on him for the first time at the Festival and he ran no race.

His big weight must have anchored him in that ground yesterday though he stopped very suddenly indicating, as Rory says, a physical or mental problem.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.