The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Worst start to a NH season yet

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks Worst start to a NH season yet

Viewing 9 posts - 18 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

But no, it turns out that you’re whining about your lack of success as gamblers.

Less of the gambler’s please. Thanks. Don’t put us all in the same boat on starting these threads.

“Success as gamblers“, not “gambler’s”, surely.

I’d presumed this to be a thread lamenting recent equine losses as well, rather than a comparison of our respective financial graveside manners, but I don’t especially mind that it isn’t. To paraphrase the disclaimer at the bottom of the Radio Times adverts – “other threads are also available”.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I to thought this thread would be about equine loss aswell and debated whether to "insult" GhostOfTheFellow but thought otherwise, and commented on the issue at hand instead, in hindsight I think I made the right choice.

Why would "insulting" the original poster even be a consideration?

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

marb – too not to. :lol:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Sure I can see the post for what it was which was basically "don’t lump me in with that gambling loser".

So I repeat my question – why do you feel the need to consider insulting somebody who starts a thread about betting/gambling?

If you don’t like the thread then don’t reply – surely that’s pretty simple.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Sure I can see the post for what it was which was basically "don’t lump me in with that gambling loser".

So I repeat my question – why do you feel the need to consider insulting somebody who starts a thread about betting/gambling?

If you don’t like the thread then don’t reply – surely that’s pretty simple.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

unlike college or work i’m not getting some sort of degree or pay packet for commenting on here,

Nor we! If anyone would like to pay me some appearance money, however, I’d be only too willing to hear from them.

Incidentally, a cursory re-reading of my post suggests I was relaxed about the subject matter of this thread, not disappointed.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Is it the wording of my posting?If so im sorry!!!!

I will in future think twice before posting.

Reading through the thread there is some good advice in between all the critisism.

Cosmo Naughty
    • Total Posts 53

Nowt wrong with your post Ghost. A good moan and a bit of self flagellation does us all a power of good. Just now and again though! Never let it become habit forming. :lol:

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

Here was I, opening this thread, thinking you were going to be talking about the number of injuries and fatalities incurred by high-profile horses performing on the NH stage.

But no, it turns out that you’re whining about your lack of success as gamblers. I would venture to suggest that this sort of topic is better suited to the Betfair forum than TRF.

Get off your high horse, high flyer. This is not an owner’s forum (or a punter’s forum for that matter).

Viewing 9 posts - 18 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.