The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Worse racecourse of the yr 2014. Let’s start with Warwick

Home Forums Horse Racing Worse racecourse of the yr 2014. Let’s start with Warwick

Viewing 2 posts - 18 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Haven’t been there for many years but Worcester is a dump. With their yearly flooding problems I’m amazed they haven’t closed the place and let nearby Hereford stay open.

Its academic now as it closed but Folkestone wasn’t a pretty course and I’m not sure anyone misses it.

I miss Folkestone, especially the United Hunts fixture (which isn’t quite the same on worn ground at Fontwell, compared to a Folkestone chasing line not raced on for over two months prior).

Worcester last lost more than two meetings in a year to flooding in 2007.

Point-to-Point racing at Hereford on Sundays March 22nd (North Ledbury) and May 31st (North Hereford), if you fancy it. Portable fences, but on the same chasing line as previously.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2031

I’m going to vote for Bath as worst racecourse of the year. I had one visit in 2014, back in May, disgusted at the view now that they’ve dragged down the stand I used to use. Not enough facilities and the members block was in the way of the finishing line.

Once more Kempton has been found not able to deal with the volume on Boxing Day – worst I have known it this year. From what I hear though, Chepstow was even worse the day after.

Newbury continues to annoy me. They just want people to turn up and get drunk which leads to singing over the commentary. Furthermore, the place is ugly. I will say that they have done a great thing by demolishing the old silver ring stand, which obscured the track from 7 furlongs and above.

Sandown agitated me as well by cutting down the hedge between the last and the open ditch – I can see why, but I thought it was iconic. Still my favorite jumps course.

Viewing 2 posts - 18 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.