The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Punchestown World Series Hurdle 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Punchestown World Series Hurdle 2012

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

The stage is set for a clash of the mares at Punchestown, with Paddy Power pricing Quevega at 11/10 and Voler La Vedette 1t 7/4, with Zaidpour at 5/1. I wouldn’t be able split them but the heart would probably sway me towards Voler!

Her form with Mourad puts her bang there with Quevega’s form so considering she’s the bigger price of the pair I’d have to be a backer, although I won’t be getting involved at such an early stage.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

No doubt some punters will fall for she finished 2nd tho Big bucks she must be good thing.

Or

Jessica Lamb wrote :

Quevega soundly defeated Voler La Vedette, who is priced at 7-4, in the race last year but her old rival has come of age this season

Come of age when? When she failed to beat Zaidpour getting lumps of weight or hen she beat the very ordinary Mourad?

All based on that one race all of a sudden she is going to find the lengths she needs Queveega?

She ran past non stayer Oscar Whisky and an out of form Thousand Stars at Cheltenham but more importantly she got the strong pace she needs to settle. It may well be had Quevega ran in the same race she would have beaten her too but that was just one of those days as they say.

Back with normality in a race like this she’ll probably pull like a train and beat herself but even if she settles on this track she would have no chance of beating an in form Quevega

Quevega looks more like a 2/5 shot to me in what should be another easy win from the Mullins superstar.

Quevega 11/10 ;looks a 10 out of 10 bet to me

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

Voler beat the ‘very ordinary’ Mourad with consummate ease twice this season when she couldn’t get by him last year. Maybe that doesn’t represent a step up in form to you but what else has Quevega bar the ‘very ordinary’ Mourad? A few ordinary mares every year that’s all.The Zaidpour race was a complete farce, Mullins himself admitted so afterwards and I’d fire that form completely out the window.

I.m not saying she’ll beat Quevega but this is not the same Voler who has finished behind her in recent seasons, on all known form she has proven herself to be vastly improved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.