The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

World Hurdle 2014

Home Forums Archive Topics World Hurdle 2014

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    dannymc1309
    • Total Posts 27

Shocked not yet a thread for this race.

Solwhit confirmed as not running at Cheltenham due to injury.

This must look all the more tempting for Annie Power right now.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9061

I’m watching whats happening to Monksland and Bog Warrior at the moment.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2925

I think this is where Annie Power will run.
    Mullins has other options for the Champion and if it’s decent ground she surely gets done for toe.
    Several non stayers in this race at this level and after that race on New Years Day i can’t see an extra three furlongs stopping her.

I think she’ll remain in both races until the week before but unless there’s a deluge, i see her lining up in this.

dannymc1309
    • Total Posts 27

Annie Power now in to 3/1 NRNB BOG with B365,

Got the maximum allowed on at 5/1 last week

harvey2000
    • Total Posts 133

Anyone know if Zarkandar is being aimed at this?
    Surely it’s time they try stepping him up in trip…..

Billymag
    • Total Posts 32

Id have thought they might wait 3 weeks and go for Aintree again with him, the Champion Hurdle would seem a no, and Nicholls has said he is running Big Bucks (if fit), Celestial Halo and Salubrious, can’t see him running Zarkandar swell personally.

• Total Posts 790

Order will be restored Big Bucks will fly up the hill. The 5/2 wont last long if he wins next week!

harvey2000
    • Total Posts 133

Big Bucks, Celestial Halo, Salubrious, all in the same ownership. Why wouldn’t Nicholls run a fourth in Zarkandar? Surely it’s up to the owners, and by all accounts they have been considering upping in trip since last year. just because the Stewarts have three, why would that stop a completely different owner?

Participant
    • Total Posts 292

Big Bucks is the best staying hurdler in history, he may be 11 but I was very impressed with his comeback run at Cheltenham on horrible ground, he jumped well, travelled well and only lack of full fitness stopped him, think he will improve a huge amount from this run and is still the one they all have to beat. Think Annie Power’s winning sequence will end here.

Participant
    • Total Posts 85

Couldn’t agree more big bucks is the best staying hurdler ever.Might be a silly point but one i was thinking off with big bucks losing his unbeaten sequence will it affect his confidence?.Ive seen this happen in two horses peddlers cross when he got beat in 2nd in the champ hurdle was never the same horse again.Zarkander he lost his unbeaten record at kelso wasnt the same again Also big bucks is 11 now even the best off all time age catches up to them.I really hope big bucks can get his crown back i have my doubts though!

• Total Posts 6

Although I’d be thoroughly disappointed financially if Big Bucks were to win, it would be great to see a returning hero.

However I’m strongly in the Annie Power camp. I believe the form of the Cleeve Hurdle is weak (66/1 Knockara Beau winner) and I was interested to see before the race Paul Nicholls said he had Big Bucks as ready as he could, so in my mind I’m not sure how much the race could bring him on, especially at 11 years old. If they’re to beat Annie Power they will have to force the tactics again as they would need to try and stretch Annie Powers stamina and wouldn’t be able to go toe to toe with her pace if held up.

Rule The World will mop up the pieces!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5576

However I’m strongly in the Annie Power camp. I believe the form of the Cleeve Hurdle is weak (66/1 Knockara Beau winner) and I was interested to see before the race Paul Nicholls said he had Big Bucks as ready as he could, so in my mind I’m not sure how much the race could bring him on, especially at 11 years old. If they’re to beat Annie Power they will have to force the tactics again as they would need to try and stretch Annie Powers stamina and wouldn’t be able to go toe to toe with her pace if held up.

Rule The World will mop up the pieces!

Agree with every word! :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Mount Benbulben is to be supplemented.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31536

Good to see More Of That being backed for this today. Hope he runs.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 85

My take on the world hurdle is as follows.I think it will take a good one to beat annie power and no doubt in my mind shes still improving as a 6 year old.Im really impressed with her jumping i know she makes the odd error.She looked in trouble when she raced Zarkander at ascot but when she got to him she powered away.Zarkander had a very good season last year.She destroyed him at cheltenham.I just feel she has everything in the locker to take over from big bucks!.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

My take on the world hurdle is as follows.I think it will take a good one to beat annie power and no doubt in my mind shes still improving as a 6 year old.Im really impressed with her jumping i know she makes the odd error.She looked in trouble when she raced Zarkander at ascot but when she got to him she powered away.Zarkander had a very good season last year.She destroyed him at cheltenham.I just feel she has everything in the locker to take over from big bucks!.

I agree, and the others will give giving 7lbs (I think that’s right) to her which is massive in a race like this! Though I think Big Bucks will probably come on a bit from his recent run I think Annie Power will be even better than we’ve ever seen her before under the extra distance and will prove a pure class horse.

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Annie Power confirmed for the WH just now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.