World Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 World Hurdle

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Read Darryl Jacob’s piece on the Racing Post site. Makes plenty of sense to me 20/1 NRNB looks an outstanding price considering he gave weight and comes out the better horse on the book with both of the favourites for the race, Saphir De Rheu and Zarkandar this year. Beat Zarkandar at Ascot, possibly due to temperament of the Nicholls horse, possibly outstaying him. I know Saphir probably has more improvement in him and Reve wants it on the soft side of good… But there should not be that much in the betting between the three surely?

value is everything
    steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5740

Read Darryl Jacob’s piece on the Racing Post site. Makes plenty of sense to me 20/1 NRNB looks an outstanding price considering he gave weight and comes out the better horse on the book with one of the favourites, Saphir De Rheu last time. I know the latter probably has more improvement in him and Reve wants it on the soft side of good… But there should not be that much in the betting between the two surely?

His trainer said after Ascot that he will run in the Word Hurdle ‘whatever the ground’, so your gamble would be on the going coming up soft or worse.

He hasn’t won on Good since the end of 2010. Since 2011, they’ve pretty much stopped running him on good ground, the festival being the exception.

Whatever the weather on the run-up, no matter how wet the week before, that drainage seems to do its job year after year.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Am prepared to gamble on it being good-soft when the prices make it worth it. There are many other horses best with soft in the tittle ahead of him in the betting, with far worse form than Reve.

value is everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

I’ve also just backed Rock On Ruby @ 9/1 on the machine. Promises to stay 3 miles and his Cheltenham Festival form is hard to overlook.

Isn’t much between several of these, front two in the market look very short to me. Not sure Zark will put it all in up the hill if it came to a fight. Saphir’s very best is on softer and hasn’t yet run well in the Spring (from admittedly limited opportunities). In fact I’d make Rock On Ruby favourite!

value is everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5740

I’ve also just backed Rock On Ruby @ 9/1 on the machine. Promises to stay 3 miles and his Cheltenham Festival form is hard to overlook.

Isn’t much between several of these, front two in the market look very short to me. Not sure Zark will put it all in up the hill if it came to a fight. Saphir’s very best is on softer and hasn’t yet run well in the Spring (from admittedly limited opportunities). In fact I’d make Rock On Ruby favourite!

Now you have the value!

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

thehorsesmouththehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5488

I’ve also just backed Rock On Ruby @ 9/1 on the machine. Promises to stay 3 miles…

Not sure I agree with this GT, not convinced he’ll see out the trip that well. I don’t see anything in his form that says he ‘promises’ to stay three miles.

wilsonlwilsonl
    Participant
    • Total Posts 860

Rock on Ruby will definitely miss having Fehily on board and Reve Di Sivola showed his worth at this level in last years renewal when he ran deplorably – he’s a winter horse.

Sorry Ginge :wink:

Lee

skettisketti
    • Total Posts 343

Annie power, step forward.

PointerPointer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 147

Annie power, step forward.

:lol: was thinking the same thing myself. Reports from closutton are that she is absolutely flying…

I can’t have Zarkandar here, don’t see him having the class to better the massively progressive Saphir de Rheu or Annie Power. Backing both at each way Nrnb is tempting

skettisketti
    • Total Posts 343

Speaking through my small bet on betfair but the horse that beat her doesnt go. It’s not as if Mullins has anything better. Correct me if I’m wrong?

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Rock On Ruby is out of the race, his trainer said the horse worked poorly this morning. Hard lines to all who had him.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5740

Cole Harden ran a fine World Hurdle trial today, probably going off just a yard too fast in that ground. At 5, he’s given the 7-y-o winner (who got a cannier ride and was on one of his good days) 8lbs, and must be exceptional value at 33s with Paddy Power.

I don’t feel so bad about Rock on Ruby being withdrawn now :) The trainer’s been ‘canny’ and has caused me plenty frustration this season. Just sorry I didn’t keep the faith in my Pricewise/TRF choices!

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Not one I fancied but a nice performance from the front and good to see Warren Greaterex break his Festival duck after putting the horse through a wind operation.

Zarkander made a howler and I was just pleased for him that he managed to get up for a place at least. Sometimes some things just aren’t meant to be.

Hard lines to TAPK who went close with Saphir at huge odds, almost pulled it off.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>steeplechasing wrote:</div>
    Cole Harden ran a fine World Hurdle trial today, probably going off just a yard too fast in that ground. At 5, he’s given the 7-y-o winner (who got a cannier ride and was on one of his good days) 8lbs, and must be exceptional value at 33s with Paddy Power.

I don’t feel so bad about Rock on Ruby being withdrawn now :) The trainer’s been ‘canny’ and has caused me plenty frustration this season. Just sorry I didn’t keep the faith in my Pricewise/TRF choices!

He bounced right back to it today Joe. Just shows that sometimes the vet can put the horse back to it and sometimes, like Sprinter Sacre, they can’t work miracles. Nice to see a smaller outfit net a big one and with AP getting one in the bag it’s been a Festival with a bit of something for everyone and there is still plenty to come yet.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2148

A tip I gave a few mates last Sunday whilst having a few beers. Whether they remembered is another matter :scratch:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.