The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Working Title/Group Captain

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Working Title/Group Captain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Did think that after his first two starts Working Title along with Dave’s Dream were the best long-term prospects amongst the Henderson novices. I have to revise that opinion now having seen him capitulate in a matter of strides at Exeter (only just beating a horse who had previously been ‘mugged’ by a Henderson third-rater) and only scrape home today because the second did not to want to know under pressure and the second favourite ran an absolute shocker. Add to that he didn’t look that keen himself under pressure. On this evidence it looks as if there may have been a huge over-reaction to Group Captain’s easy win last time.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 27766

Think Stilvi, Group Captain’s price is more about huge potential for improvement rather than his form.

Ginge

value is everything
    seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I was at Taunton for Group Captain’s second win over hurdles and the vibes from one of Kingy’s staff were not that positive before the race. He had struggled to win on his hurdling debut at Newbury, and there were doubts about the horse’s love of jumping.

Approaching the last at Taunton he had a fight on his hands and only won the race from I Predict A Riot after Choc gave him a whack.

He didn’t strike me as being a future Cheltenham winner that day.

Colin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.