The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wolverhampton Times last night

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Wolverhampton Times last night

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Has anyone seen how slow these were? Significantly slower than on Monday when the clerk of the course called it standard to slow and yet he was calling it standard last night. I’m amazed also at the Racing Post on their time-based ground calling it standard too.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

On the face of it the slowest surface there has ever been at the track to the best of my recollection (would like to see sectionals, ideally, but they are not up on TurfTrax yet).

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1906

Matt Chapman was referring to how slowly they were running after pretty much every race yesterday so those times pretty much would back that up.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Similar state of affairs at Southwell yesterday also.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I know Southwell is a new surface, and therefore a special circumstance, but aren’t both tracks slower because of the lack of any significant rainfall during the past few weeks?
    I haven’t a lot of interest in the AW this time of the year, and I have no idea of the rainfall in the London area, but how do the other tracks compare this week?

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

According to today’s Weekender, Wolverhampton is undergoing remedial work, which is likely to account for the slower surface.

Still puzzled as to why yesterday’s surface was described as "standard" officially and by the Post when it seemed much slower than that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.