The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

WOLVERHAMPTON 8.50

Home Forums Horse Racing WOLVERHAMPTON 8.50

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Sorry guys i know you dont like to read posts like this as there are a few that get very defensive about racing……

I had a very small bet(£5 win)on MISS STARLIGHT 6/1 tonight and i couldnt help mnotice Greg Fairley did everything he could not to win,if you can see a replay watch it,its a skill in itself to get beat in the manot he did.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

Truly a race for our times.

It’s great that we’ve turned the corner on corruption within racing.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The decision to restrain Exemplary was a curious one given the tendency for Mark Johnston’s horses to race prominently (as the horse in question did on debut), but he was hardly making up ground hand over fist at the finish.

It seems to me that this tale could have been told without mentioning having backed the winner. The cynic within is whispering ‘ulterior motive’ with an ever-increasing degree of conviction.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

I wouldn’t have give the run of the Johnston horse so much as second thought if I’d backed the eventual winner. Infact, on analysis, it hardly sticks out as even peculiar – certainly not enough to have grabbed my attention as much as it did yours…

Well done for picking the McBride horse over the Stoute and Johnston animals….took some guts. :?

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Not really mate,just a small £5 bet just waiting for the jump season to get going,last 2 jump seasons have been dreadful for me hoping to get back on track this season

I just thought it was a poor ride from the jockey on the favourate,i try to keep my eyes open during a race for eyecatchers.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Was going through this with a mate of mine during Saturday night, going from memory here so sorry if theres mistakes but Exemplary is by Sulamani who was having his first Nashwan nick which I took note off, Sulaman’s father Hernando has 30% strike rate with Nashwan nicks (23 runs 7 wins) that includes the French trained Samando who was 4th in the Prix Royal Oax but a decent stayer throughout his career running well in group races.

This horse I thought could have the same profile as Mastery and backed it at 2-1, held up in the rear (a worrying tactic when you’ve backed an MJ horse) never saw much daylight even turning into the straight the horse was still covered behind a wall of horses yet made steady headway in the final furlong showing signs of greeness.

I’ll be noting this down for next year.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

For what was probably a very ordinary maiden this race has certainly threw up a few talking points. Personally, I was concentrating on Shabak Hom who having been backed from 4/1 to 9/4 ran an absolute shocker. I suspect those who took short in running prices on Fallon’s mount had a nasty shock as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.