The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wolverhampton: 4.10pm & 4.40pm

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Wolverhampton: 4.10pm & 4.40pm

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bigpike89
    • Total Posts 13

Been (lightly) studying these races.

Is it just me or does anyone fancy Iachimo & Zaskia in the 2 races respectively?

One a handicap, the other a maiden.

• Total Posts 4293

I like Rapanui Belle in the 4.10.

She seems to be a bit better this season, and hasn’t been beaten far in her two runs.

• Total Posts 4293

Not too keen on betting a 2yo dubutante [edit: debutante], when all her rivals have the benefit of a previous run.

I suppose it makes sense to look at the two midfield horses from the Brocklesby. Preference is for Eight Hours, as he was hampered, and I slightly prefer his pedigree.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1176

I like the unraced types sometimes. Sometimes the whole reason I do them and its pedigree suits (Sire was speedy type)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Big race(s)???? :shock:

Colin

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1176

I think Wolverhampton races could do with more attention.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think Wolverhampton races could do with more attention.

Wrong section Tosh, this is for big races such as the Grand National, Derby, Gold Cup, Gunieas etc

• Total Posts 4293

Its okay. It is a nice little distraction between the GN and the Irish GN.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to do a proper study of the 4.40 as I’ve been tidying my room up.

• Total Posts 4293

Rapanui Belle 2nd at 12/1.

I’m not too surprised that Badtanman came 3rd at 40/1, but I thought it would be a bit far-fetched for me to tip it. Rapanui Belle seemed a lot safer, and to have a far more genuine chance of winning.

edit:Don’t have anything to say about the winning favourite, as I didn’t look at it. :lol: I worked from the outside in, until I found a horse I liked.

I’ve had to reinstall a firefox plug-in for Windows Media Player, and deliberately crash the PC 3 times in the last half’hour. I’ll just have to put £2 on each of the 3 biggest-priced horses in the 4.40.

• Total Posts 4293

Didn’t have time to have a bet. The paper favourite, Vilnius, was a non-runner, and Eight Hours won at 11/10 fav, with the other Brocklesby runner, Bond Together second.

It is amazing how much 2yos come on after one run. Headbanging to do debutantes or debutants most of the time.

I’ll get some baseball business out of the way, and then look at whats been going on with the 2yos this season.

I think the most interesting race tomorrow is the 2m2f Jamaican Flight H’cap at Pontefract.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1176

Didn’t have time to have a bet. The paper favourite,

I’ll get some baseball business out of the way, and then look at whats been going on with the 2yos this season.

Wheres the best place to look @That?

• Total Posts 4293

Only got home at 2.30, saw there was a 6f h’cap (my favourite :lol: ) at 2.40 Pontefract. Didn’t have a chance to study the form, but had a look at the list of runners and put £2 on the three 5yos having their seasonal debut, just for an interest bet. Picked up £29 profit, less 5% deduction. Some sprinters grow into real horses as 5yos, also, some horses have a bad season one year and a good one the following.

Okay, I’ve got almost an hour to study the 2m2f H’cap.

• Total Posts 1415

Can a moderator move this to the proper section? Makes a mokery of the "Big race" section.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Must admit I never thought I’d see a 2yo maiden stakes from Wolverhampton in the Big Race section!

I’d hate to see what races are being discussed in the Daily Lays & Plays section :shock:

• Total Posts 4293

Wheres the best place to look ?

I’m just looking at the 2yo results. I’ll publish something on Good Friday probably.

Okay, the fun race of the day.

3.40 Pontefract

2m2f Jamaican Flight H’cap

Good to Fm

Has been named this for the past 5 years. Winners have been aged 4, 5, 7, 6, and 4 – so there is no reason to chuck out the 4yos.
    Going has usually been Gd to Sft.
    Couldn’t notice anything special about the breeding.
    Didn’t have time to check out whether horses had been running on the AW, or having their seasonal debut etc.

MONAADI Betfair 12
    I can’t see any reason why he won’t be better on grass than AW. As he has already won an AW h’cap off this same mark of 60, surely he is worth a bet?

LORD OROKO Betfair 11
    Was out between Nov 07 and Nov 08. Was then out again until March. Will he be fit enough for this? On the other hand, the trainer must know what he is doing. He could surely have found a less arduous race to run the horse in if he wanted to. Damsire is Niniski. I am going to have a bet, but I don’t really have any faith in it.

KENTUCKY BOY Betfair 9.4
    Course winner. Won 2m1f H’cap at Pontefract, Aug07, off a 2 lb higher mark. However, he has never run on Gd to Fm, and has only run on Good twice. There must be something wrong with the horse’s legs, so I am going to use that as a reason to chuck him out.

SNOWBERRY HILL Betfair 8.6
    Unplaced in 7 runs on turf, but some of those efforts were as good as the AW ones. Has won a race over 2m, so that must be a bonus.

YONDER Betfair 8.2
    Yonder was a term my Great Uncle Alfred used quite often. She has reasonable bumper form, and was favourite for the Aintree Grand national meeting bumper a year ago. This is her first h’cap. I usually ignore horses having their first run in a sprint h’cap, but this is different. Must be a contender.

Okay, this is ridiculous – I’ve got 4 horses to back already, so I’m not going to bother to look at the shorter price horses. I’ll back monaadi, and Lord Oroko, but will only bet Snowberry Hill and Yonder if I like the price.

Forward into battle, chaps.

• Total Posts 4293

Ouch. Snowberry Hill was actually a shorter price than Dariyam when the in-running betting was suspended at the finish. Luckily, was only betting to £2 stakes, so I’m still nicely up from the sprint h’cap.

• Total Posts 4293

I’ve noted the criticisms of this thread.

I’m not in favour of it being moved. The Big Races Discussion section is my natural home. If it was moved to Daily Lays and Plays I wouldn’t bother contributing to it.

I’ve only been a member of the Forum since December, so I am interested in finding out how people bet on the Flat, as I have only come across the Jumps so far.

I’d have thought that 2yo races in general are important, because there must be over 1000 or them over the course of the season.

I am interested in how and why people pick certain horses, and reject others. What factors do people take into account? Which do they make the important?

I am not at all interested in people saying they fancy such-and-such a horse, and don’t give any reason for it.

I mentioned betting 5yo in sprint h’caps, making their seasonal debut, in order to elicit a response. Why should I take into account at Pontefract, horses that have been producing good form on the All-Weather? I don’t know any stats on this issue.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.