The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wincanton going

Home Forums Horse Racing Wincanton going

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5628

Can anyone in the area confirm there’s been significant rain?

The weather radar today suggested so

Though given the track, time of year, rested turf and prolonged dry spell it would take a goodly bit to shift the going much from the reported GF

phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

It looked prety horrible at Exeter today and here in London its been pouring with rain for a good five hours, so the ground at Wincanton must have eased somewhat.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5628

It’s Stoneriggs Merc in the 4.35 I’m concerned about at the trip if any cut, as around him – and his odds – hangs the race.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

This is the report at 6:50 this morning.

First Race Time 2.25pm
    Going Good to firm, good in places
    Other Information 18mm of rain yesterday afternoon/evening, then dry overnight

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6226

It’s Stoneriggs Merc in the 4.35 I’m concerned about at the trip if any cut, as around him – and his odds – hangs the race.

I’ve seen plenty of this one in recent times as he’s been a regular on the Scottish circuit. He is very frustrating as he has ability to win more races but manages to avoid doing so. Not one I would want to be taking chances on at short odds. As regards the trip and going, he has seen the distance out reasonably well with some cut.

Rob

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5628

However I’m not in the least bit interested in the current ~15/8 and given the negilgible change in the going (thanks PaulO) have him on my tissue at around 11/4. Still believe he doesn’t really get 26f with cut but will on top of the ground.

If he doesn’t drift I’d like to oppose him with that old dog Classic Clover at 7/2 but as yet there’s no value to be had in him either.

Live market punts (if any) I expect.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

I hope they’ve repaired the fences at Winckers since last Spring – every chance Classic Clover will be testing the strength of most of them on the way round. Maddening animal. 8)

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I hope they’ve repaired the fences at Winckers since last Spring – every chance Classic Clover will be testing the strength of most of them on the way round. Maddening animal. 8)

gc

He’ll probably trade odds on before sulking/falling over on the final circuit. Nap.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Or not. Arsington Sodmonster.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5628

:)

~13/8 Stoneriggs Merc
    ~2/1 Classic Clover

was my final tissue adjusted for NRs

hey ho :?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.