The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

William Fry Hurdle 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion William Fry Hurdle 2021

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Typically strong entry here…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/187/leopardstown/2021-02-07/777104

No market yet, but once we get one, there’s only one I’ll be looking at, and it’s Pure Vision. Reallly impressive last time, straight in the notebook, and I think he could be very, very good. Probably going to be a chaser in time, but short term I’d be very keen here.

Plenty of others to consider though, strong race, and I could see me checking out early prices for this lot…

The Jam Man
    Dandy Mag
    Unexpected Depth
    Fakiera
    Rhinestone
    Sneaky Getaway
    Uradel
    Battle of Midway

That’s just a small sample, though, and probably if looking for a backup, I’ll wait till the day. All depends on the prices.

Column of Fire is the one I don’t want to go, I’d really like to see him in a Pertemps Qualifier.

Messy at this stage then, and I’ll concentrate on just the one for now.

Pure Vision

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3014

Not surprised Pure Genius went into your notebook and he’s only up 7lbs. That’s probably due to Fantasia D’Alene showing to have bled and he was the only real danger left in the race after Sean Hogan fell. So i’d be happy to take him on, he’ll be all the rage.

The issue is what with. There’s so many at this stage. I won’t even bother shortlisting yet lol. One that catches the eye is Downtown Getaway, now moving to Mullins.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Happy with the opening odds for Pure Genius, think the 8’s is fair.

Damalisque was excellent last week, and there’s surely more to come. Looks the right favourite, despite me siding with Pure Genius.

The Jam Man very interesting too at double figures, and I think he’s better than his mark. Still like Unexpected Depth, but he’s short enough I suppose.

Plenty of dangers, obviously, and Low Sun jumps out at a big price too.

I’ll definitely add another here, but I’ll wait and see if old Plinth sneaks in.

Pure Genius 8’s

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3014

Fair point made by Frank Hickey, Pure Genius ran a 7sec slower time over same trip, track and day than 93 rated hurdler Glenabo Bridge. i realise he won doing backflips but this is very competitive.

I’ve gone with Julie Stowaway at 25/1. Nice novice hurdle form and also bumper form. Enright on good form and pedigree suggests a step up in trip will suit.

Taken a chance on 1st reserve Arverne. Looked very good in France, beat Cap Du Mathan with Nicholls now and beaten by Coko Beach. Ran over 2mile only over hurdles and showed zero until Wexford over fences. Has improved for step up to 3miles. Could be argued he’s improved for chasing, but his jumping is pretty poor, so i’m hoping 3 miles and hurdles off 123 could see him run very well if getting in. Hasn’t run since early December so hoping this has been the plan too.

If he doesn’t run i’ll likely add 1 more.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Townsend on kashari so he,s the obv one , at a bigger price city island now in hcap company on a reduced mark , he,s been disappointing but is capable of getting involved , this is a horse who outbattled champ a couple of years ago , I think he,s a huge price , both played e.w

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8080

Definitely The Jam Man for me here. I had a bit of ante post
    on him for the Stayers hurdle at the Festival, I thought he might
    be up to that and looked in good shape after his Troytown win.
    However I reckon his disappointing run last time out at Haydock
    scuppered that. I’m hopeful he might bounce back here off a decent
    mark. There’s plenty of 12s so I’ll keeep an eye to see if anyone
    sticks their neck out, failing that 12s is quite decent.

The Jam Man 12/1 various

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

I’m still considering The Jam Man myself Graham. Not bet him yet, but I reckon I’ll buckle.

I added Koshari to Pure Genius. He’s got a bit of an “obvious” look to him, and 10’s is fair.

Koshari 10’s
    Pure Genius 9’s

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 297

Anything Will do 40-1 ew 7pls. I’m very confident that this horse will get in the first seven. He has ran well here before, and a lot of the yards runners outran their odds yesterday. I might end up with egg on my face, but I like this bet a lot.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Err what was townsend upto there …..

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Very good call again Jeff

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3014

Nice e/w Jeff.

Well done GAG on picking this (in your thread).

Arverne was last beaten 120ls. Great bet by me lol.

Julie’s Stowaway looked a potentially up to winning for 3/4 of the way round but his effort petered out. 25/1 into 13/2, he certainly wasn’t missed by many.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.