The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wick earn Scottish Cup 1st round replay

Home Forums General Sports Wick earn Scottish Cup 1st round replay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

Inverness Clachnacuddin 2 Wick Academy 2

A last gasp equaliser for Wick as they manage to salvage a draw, against the run of play I think but it’s the result that matters. Replay next Saturday at the Harmsworth Park.

Full report and more Academy stuff here –

http://www.wick-academy.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=696&Itemid=9

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Good stuff, roll on next Saturday.

Picking up on something Rob mentioned last week – there are some clips of Wick on Youtube. It’s all pretty poor stuff, the camera work that is and it looks bloody cold and windy in one of them but interesting to see the lads in action.

Corm, do you know of anywhere to have a bet on these games on the internet, I’ve looked but can’t find anything. Also, what about local radio do they cover the games on the internet?

HERE ARE THE LADS[/color:2chvf6kp]

AND HERE IS CORM REMINISCING ABOUT WICK AND THE DAYS WHEN HE WAS A LAD[/color:2chvf6kp]

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

Two amusing clips there Pompete – In the first we get gubbed 6-2! I prefer these Buckie highlights from our home tie when we were on the long winning streak.

http://theracingforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79608&start=45

The second of your clips does indeed feature me in the days I had hair. A cruel reminder Pompete.

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Oh no…it was supposed to be the one when the lads won 4-0 :oops:

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

Lol – a likely story!

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Clachnacuddin desperately need a good Cup run for their own reasons. They reportedly have 6 weeks to find £46,000 owed to Highland Council otherwise they face a winding up order.

It never ceases to amaze me how a number of football clubs are run with complete disregard for making the sums add up.

Elsewhere, I took in the Cup clash between East Of Scotland League sides Edinburgh University and Vale Of Leithen where Vale beat their higher status opponents 3-0. They looked very sharp and will worry better sides in this competition given the chance.

Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.