Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

This topic contains 1,925 replies, has 95 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,876 through 1,890 (of 1,926 total)
  • Author
    Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1000

Coolmore stallions always have an advantage due to Ballydoyle’s domination of Irish racing so would be no surprise to see Australia being heavily promoted. Not to say he won’t be a good sire in his own right with some very promising progeny. For me, Kingman seems the one to watch of the new generation though.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8294

Totally agree with you about Kingman Tonge :good: He is an imposing looking stallion as Chaos will see when he visits Frankel in August. :heart:

Looking forward to seeing Frankellina run tomorrow at York against Enable’s half sister Entitle and Sparkle Roll.
    I might just do a combi forecast on the 3 and enjoy the race. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

Frankel is still marching on with MUJID, EMINENT AUTHORITY, FOUNT and KINGS VOW all winning in the last few days :good:

All comers, all ground, all beaten

Marginal Value
    Participant
    • Total Posts 619

Don’t forget Brogue from last Friday. For a newcomer he looked comfortable throughout the race; when he was asked to stay near the back for the first half of the race, when he was asked to make progress to close on the leaders, when he was asked to go by them, and especially so in the last half furlong when he seemed to say “Oh, you want me to go THIS fast”. He looked as though he really enjoyed that last half furlong, and it took Oisin Orr a long time to pull him up. He was still galloping happily round the track thirty/forty seconds after the finishing line. He comes from one of Juddmonte’s best female lines and looks to have lots of promise.

Marginal Value
    Participant
    • Total Posts 619

I have taken a shine to Brogue. He beat the 5/4 favourite, Coolmore’s Barbados, by three lengths. Barbados had run to an RPR of 88 when finishing second on his previos run, and then went on to win his next race by over five lengths eight days later. The Aga Khan’s Karakhan, whom Brogue beat by over five lengths, had also been second in his previous race, earning an RPR of 85. Even if Brogue is not yet as polished as he will be after a couple more races, he will surely convince many people by the style of his persuasive and eloquent communication at the gallop.

Midday’s three-yearold daughter Daytime will be running at Maisons-Laffitte tommorrow. She has only had one run so far when he was sixth, but amazingly beaten by only just over a length. Probably typical French race; slow, slow, slow, then dash from the 300m mark. Her brother Midterm hit an RPR high of 117. I hope Daytime, or at least one of Midday’s Frankel offspring gets to a higher mark than that.

Fun Legend, a three-year-old colt, is also running at Maisons-Laffitte tommorrow. He has already had two races, the second of which he won. It is difficult to know how much potential he has, but let’s hope he has good luck.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8294

I’ll certainly be cheering on Daytime tomorrow as Midday one of my all time favourits mares. :heart:

Fun Legend and Brogue also seem to be developing well and lets hope for a couple of Frankel winners in France tomorrow..thanks for the updates MV and come on the Frankel babes. :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8294

MONARCH’S GLEN (Frankel/Mirabilis) :heart:
    Running at Monmouth Park (USA) 10.32 our time, first run for his new trainer William Mott.
    Wish him well, no Cracksman to fend off here. :good:

chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

The brother to TOO DARN HOT, LAH TI DAR, SO MI DAR by FRANKEL called ERDOGAN will make his return to racing next week.

Erdogan (Frankel x Dar Re Mi) ran 3rd on debut some 2 years back and we haven’t see him since. John Gosden trains for Al Shaqab Racing.

Big weekend with the possibility of a classic winner in East, also lots of other Frankel’s running. Good luck to all connections. :good:

chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

What a great start to the weekend……Elarqam, Mirage Dancer and Kings Advice all winning :good:

chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

That was hard to watch, maybe the ground not to her liking :cry:

Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1000

Yes, disappointing after yesterday wasn’t it Chaos? Still, Call The Wind ran well and will probably take his chance in the Ascot Gold Cup.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2129

:yahoo: Brave filly

chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

First of many more domestic classic winners for Frankel :good:

Well done ANAPURNA :yahoo:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

Fantastic result! Of course typically I backed the other 2 but never mind. Frankel notches his first British classic winner and, as Chaos says, there should be many more to come.

Interesting to note for us fans that next year he will have almost twice as many 2 year olds as there are 182 yearlings out there!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

Well i didn’t back any after what happened to East, thought i would jinx it. That’s good to hear Joni, also i have noted that Galileo produced his best offspring from age 8 onwards.
    The only concern for me is lack of good quality colts, with the exception of Cracksman there have been few group colts, it looks like his fillies seem to do well. Hopefully that might change sooner rather than later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,876 through 1,890 (of 1,926 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.