The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘Whippin it up’

Home Forums Horse Racing ‘Whippin it up’

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    deep sensation
    • Total Posts 139

But it’s good to know you will carry on moaning.

Like you are moaning DP? About someone wanting a debate about racing, on a racing discussion forum?

Stick to a debate and stop the name calling please.

Piss off!

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26562

:lol:

I only asked. :shock:

value is everything
    deep sensation
    • Total Posts 139

:D lol

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Loving your paranoia that everyone is out to ban horse racing! No one with any power and/or intelligence listens to the Animal Rights nutters.

We’re not talking the "nutters" – that’s far too easy to repeat. We’re talking the RSPCA, as you’d know if you looked at the relevant sections of their charter (which I published on the other thread). And if you don’t think David Muir’s intelligent, look at the way he made mincemeat of the BHA during the current negotiating round.

You’ve proved my point, incidentally, as you really do seem to believe that this is the end of the whip-usage argument, rather than just the end of the second battle in the course of a long retreat. I find it extraordinary that anyone with any sense of history might believe that the ban-merchants will stop here, at "five strokes". It’s a bizarre triumph of deluded hope over reality.

As for "leaving the game", I’m afraid to tell you that I’m here to stay and fight for what I believe is right, as opposed to giving way to populist nonsense.

deep sensation
    • Total Posts 139

And where are you having this "fight"? On a racing forum? Or would you care to let us know who you are and to who, in power, you talk to?

Good luck with your fight. I think you’re wasting your time as I’m sure we will all be dead when horse racing stops being a sport!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

And where are you having this "fight"? On a racing forum? Or would you care to let us know who you are and to who, in power, you talk to?

Good luck with your fight. I think you’re wasting your time as I’m sure we will all be dead when horse racing stops being a sport!

No – I wouldn’t like to let you know who I am, or what I do.

But your attitude that "it’s OK as we’ll all be dead by the time it’s banned" is selfish. We owe a duty to the next generation not to allow the things we love to be screwed up terminally in our time, when we’re in a position to stop it happening.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

I’m also wondering why someone would feel it necessary to open a new thread on this subject when we already have another long with many people expressing strongly held opinions still going strong.

Kenh

, I think this thread seems to be for some emotional name-calling and blood-letting, whilst the original thread was notable for reasoned debate, analysis of facts and information. I’m out of this one now!

deep sensation
    • Total Posts 139

No – I wouldn’t like to let you know who I am, or what I do.

But your attitude that "it’s OK as we’ll all be dead by the time it’s banned" is selfish. We owe a duty to the next generation not to allow the things we love to be screwed up terminally in our time, when we’re in a position to stop it happening.

Thought not Pinza. Safe to assume you are a nobody who’s moaning on a forum. How’s that going to get anything done? Especially as you’re not even prepared to let "racing fans" know who you are and how they can join you in your paranoia, sorry, fight.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26562

I think Kingfisher felt the other Whip thread was about whether the changes are right or wrong. And what the new rules are.

This I believe was an attempt at a debate on how it will change the way punters look at races and how it might change tactics etc.

Perhaps inevitabley, unfortunately the two subjects can not be separated by us members.

value is everything
    deep sensation
    • Total Posts 139

Right, I’m off now. I’ve had my fun. Going to put my big stirring spoon back in it’s draw & going out into the real world :D

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Perhaps inevitabley, unfortunately the two subjects can not be separated by us members.

Deep Sensation

, judging from his/her vulgar rudeness (and lack of attention to any form of reasonable question) clearly wouldn’t be up to separating an

egg

, let alone a subject!

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

I just hope

Reve de Sivola

doesn’t go and hose up on the bridle now! 10 cracks of the whip as per usual methinks….For the last time i’m afraid!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Racing Post

online survey

(as of today):

Are you in favour of the new whip rules introduced on Monday?

Yes:21% No:79%

Participant
    • Total Posts 26562

Like all online surveys Pinza, they tend to get people voting who are against it / against change. I know I wouldn’t bother to vote.

Means very little if anything.

Give them a chance and you never know, it just might change your mind.

Just seen that flying pig again. :lol:

value is everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Like all online surveys Pinza, they tend to get people voting who are against it / against change. I know I wouldn’t bother to vote.

I agree with you. But

21% in favour

is hardly a great mandate to start the new rules with – and it’s bound to be further reduced when the jockey bans and confiscations mount over jumps.

Strange, though, that nobody (either here or at BHA) made that same criticism of the

anti-whip online Survey

upon which these new whip rules were constructed!

The basic figures are quite interesting. In that infamous Survey BHA have given ground to a minority –

only 33% of the 2071 surveyed

– who believed that the whip should be banned!

33% of outsiders wanted a ban, 21% of insiders approve of the new rule. So what exactly

was

BHA’s mandate in the first place?

And you’re right about those pigs…

Pinza

won’t rest quiet until we’re fully harmonised with France, USA, Ireland, Hong Kong, Australia and the rest of the civilised Racing World.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.