The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘Whippin it up’

Home Forums Horse Racing ‘Whippin it up’

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

How can the number of times Carberry and Lynch used the whip be "irrelevant" Fisher?

If as I suspect, The Nightingale and Sizing Europe had a lot of whip used (probably more than 8 anyway) – Then had it not been for those hits Russell would not have had to use the whip so much on Quito De La Roque.

And Maurice Linehan demonstrated jockeys can use ways of encouraging horses other than the whip. If a 10 lb claimer can do it, surely Russell is also capable.

Also, Quito De La Roque got there in plenty of time, soon enough for Russell to look at the camera and ease down. So fact is his horse did not need so many hits to win.

All 4 of the above posts typify that of a desperate man clutching at straws,not one is worthy of a response other than…..Watch the race again….and again…and again and then you might finally realise how ridiculous our rules really are…But then again,i’m seriously beginning to think you have a problem reading a race! :shock:

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Beggar all to do with the previous ‘debate’ but I’ve noticed that Jim McGrath has tweeted:

99.25 per cent of ALL races in UK since 2004 have had NO whip breaches.

Just about says it all, mountain, molehill, sledgehammer, nut & knee jerk reaction spring to mind.
    The folks who vented their anger after the GN have long since forgotten about it. Joe public has moved on. Why couldn’t the BHA let sleeping dogs lie.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

That ‘air cushion stick thing’ Davy Russell uses must pack some punch. The other two must have been waving peacock feathers at their mounts!

Mr Fisher, Davy broke the rules as they stand – however silly you or I (and I do) think they are – and so will rightfully serve his ban. It’s the same for everyone.

And I always thought that Down Royal was in Ireland?

Didn’t word that right. ‘

would

‘ serve a ban is what I meant. I’m getting weary.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26565

How can the number of times Carberry and Lynch used the whip be "irrelevant" Fisher?

If as I suspect, The Nightingale and Sizing Europe had a lot of whip used (probably more than 8 anyway) – Then had it not been for those hits Russell would not have had to use the whip so much on Quito De La Roque.

And Maurice Linehan demonstrated jockeys can use ways of encouraging horses other than the whip. If a 10 lb claimer can do it, surely Russell is also capable.

Also, Quito De La Roque got there in plenty of time, soon enough for Russell to look at the camera and ease down. So fact is his horse did not need so many hits to win.

All 4 of the above posts typify that of a desperate man clutching at straws,not one is worthy of a response other than…..Watch the race again….and again…and again and then you might finally realise how ridiculous our rules really are…But then again,i’m seriously beginning to think you have a problem reading a race! :shock:

:lol: The post above typifies someone incapable of answering my points. Otherwise, someone who normally can’t shut up about things would tell us all why the points are so wrong.

You ought to look at your own record over the last few months Fisher, and consider just who it is that has a "problem reading a race". :wink:

value is everything
    KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

You ought to look at your own record over the last few months Fisher, and consider just who it is that has a "problem reading a race". :wink:

OUCH! That hurt Ginge,you know i’m trying my best to get back on track,my selections just aren’t performing and haven’t done since Royal Ascot really,its a test but i’ll stick at it!
    You may as well call me a useless t*** who hasn’t a clue about Horseracing if you want to carry on being Mr Nasty and i was going to vote for you this year too! :wink: I may well still do!! 8)

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26565

Don’t you like your own words turned around Fisher? Get Real, stop the nonsense and get back to picking winners. :wink:

value is everything
    yorkiedips
    • Total Posts 95

Ginger / KF

Lets not let this get back to "debates" of last year between TAPK and other forum members.

I respect both your opinions and often follow both your betting advice… but can I say GT do feel you are being a little harsh on KF. He is admitting he is on a bad run…as everyone has…. but he’s holding his hands up and admitting to it…what more can you ask for GT…you might not agree with his opinions on different threads…and neither do I always…but surely the beauty of this forum is that everyone can have opinions which can than be commented / debated upon?!?!

yorkiedips

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26565

Yorkiediips,

All I did was turn Fisher’s own words around on him. ie he said "But then again,i’m seriously beginning to think you have a problem reading a race"! Had that comment not been made, I would not have said anything. It’s banta. Of course everyone goes through a losing run from time to time. No big deal. Am sure normal service will be resumed soon.

Sometimes it gets too much, reading the REAL one’s propaganda, you know the sort of thing: "I am the greatest punter that has ever lived, the only people who are proper racing fans are those that follow the King". Instead of answering any of the points I made in my post, he chose to answer my post with insults.

Sorry if I allowed myself a few words of a strike back Yorkie. I am only weak. Guess the Fisher Of Controversey got what he wanted, a reaction.

value is everything
    stiller
    • Total Posts 41

Lol @ this topic and comments. Now now children!

ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

Tapk was different class to GT IN MY OPINION ,

sorely missed

Ricky

ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

Tapk was different class to GT IN MY OPINION ,

sorely missed

Ricky

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Dear, oh dear, Ricky.
    Kingfisher

is

TAPK – and everyone’s different class to Ginger. :lol:

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Dear, oh dear, Ricky.
    Kingfisher

is

reet,if TAPK was a fine wine,something like a Batard Montrachet served at 6.5 degrees,then i’m a P*ssporter or even worse a Blue Nun! :cry: Gingers a Ginger Beer!! :wink: Anyway back on topic,lets see how the new rules affect Saturdays Paddy Power Gold Cup,i believe this is the first proper race to showcase the new rules over jumps,i just hope the best horse on the day wins!
    I dont want to be hearing top jockeys saying afterwards ‘I coulda,woulda,shoulda Won..If only…………’ :twisted:

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26565

Dear, oh dear, Ricky.
    Kingfisher

is

Ioi neva ‘ad ene clas Reet! :lol:

value is everything
    KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Having read a million words and listened to the so-called Professionals opinions over the last month,what Shocks me is the amount the scales have tipped in favour of the welfare of the horse.In the Real world our prioritys surround the welfare of those few brave enough to climb aboard said beast and steer it over fences at 30mph without killing themselves,too much emphasis is being directed at a tool of the trade that statistically has no ill effect on 99% of horses anyway.My priority towards Horseracing lies 1,The Jockeys welfare,way,way,way more than the horse.2,The Public on course who pay good money to support their passion.3,The horse,i dont like seeing horses being killed but i like seeing Racing drivers being killed even less.4,The Punter,so long as we get a fair crack of the whip,win.lose or draw,its our decision to lose money.What you lot supporting these clowns at the BHA are failing to realise more than anything is the fact HUMANS come First,its got to the stage whereby you all realise just how wrong you are but your stubborness wont allow you to acknowledge it.Its called HUMAN NATURE,dont confuse the two! :shock:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.