The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Where next for Kauto Star?

Home Forums Horse Racing Where next for Kauto Star?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

Today wasn’t his day – I had a bad feeling right from the off.

On the other hand, he’s still a legend, and one of the all-time greats.

Part of me would like to see him go for a fifth King George, maybe even regaining another Gold Cup :wink: , but part of me thinks he’s achieved so much, it might be good for him to go and enjoy a long and healthy retirement.

What does everyone else think?

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

Absolutely no reason at all why he cant go for another KGV at least, esp given that denman and IC will probably swerve the race

Today was a bad day, but hes one run one from his best ever performance

Anyone writing him off at this stage is nuts

• Total Posts 980

I can see him going for another King George & perhaps if that went well, another crack at the Gold Cup.

Although whatever the connections decide, he owes no-one anything.

As for the other ‘titan’, did I hear someone say they were thinking about him for the 2011 Grand National?

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

I think Denman in the National would be absolutely fascinating – not sure if I’d back him, though!

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

• Total Posts 2440

Kauto will win the King George again later in the year.

However, another Gold Cup will probably be beyond him in my opinion.

sovies friend
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

all I can say is thank god he’s ok best sight at cheltenham today was ruby cantering him back down the course

• Total Posts 94

all I can say is thank god he’s ok best sight at cheltenham today was ruby cantering him back down the course

Agree with the glad he’s okay bit but disagree with the Ruby cantering back part. What the hell was he doing riding him back in after that holy mother of a fall?

That aside he’ll be back next season God willing and take in the same route as always I’d imagine, KG and GC.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

He’ll be back, King George number 5 and another go at the Gold Cup. That mistake had him done for and once he’s under pressure jumping he’s always in trouble. A bit like 2008 when Denman had him under pressure and he kept making mistakes but kept on all the way up the home straight only to smack the last and fall in a heap. He’d have certainly kept on and tried to get back into it but this was Imperial Commanders day and he was top class.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

From what Ive been hearing is Kauto Star is not worthy of any publicity, he hasn’t done anything for our sport and on that note it does sound like Nicholls should look at ending his disapointing career.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

From what Ive been hearing is Kauto Star is not worthy of any publicity, he hasn’t done anything for our sport and on that note it does sound like Nicholls should look at ending his disapointing career.

come again?

• Total Posts 1982

Haydock, Kempton, Cheltenham…

• Total Posts 94

I reckon Down Royal rather than Haydock thus avoiding IC! ;)

• Total Posts 1982

I reckon Down Royal rather than Haydock thus avoiding IC! ;)

No chance! :wink:

Every dog has their day. Imperial Commander had his this afternoon.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I know how you feel, some guy who lost money was calling him a useless piece of s*it and calling ruby a irish t*at. I thought he’s probably earnt this guy a packet over the years and with all his wins he owes nothing. He’ll go for another king george hopefully and i’ll get down to Kempton to see him. I’d cry if he was retired.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Agree with the glad he’s okay bit but disagree with the Ruby cantering back part. What the hell was he doing riding him back in after that holy mother of a fall?

That aside he’ll be back next season God willing and take in the same route as always I’d imagine, KG and GC.

Should he have not ridden him back?

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Id love to see him come up to Aintree and have a go at the Bowl which is a Grade One so wont affect him weight wise and as Madison Du Berlais has had an off season it is a race that is their for the taking.

As for next season maybe Wetherby or Haydock to begin and then have a go at the King George as IC wont act around Kempton then maybe go for another Gold Cup although a few of the youngsters in the RSA Chase look to be pretty decent and could try and take him off his feet.

KS owes nobody anything and what happend is in the book so now maybe try Aintree or let him down for the season and give him a nice holiday.

• Total Posts 1982

The last thing Kauto needs after a horror fall like that is a trip to Aintree.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.