The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Where are all the jump enthusiasts ?

Home Forums Horse Racing Where are all the jump enthusiasts ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from Mortisha on 3:10 pm on Oct. 10, 2006[br]Don’t the ‘proper racing’ fans start emerging from their Summer hibernation on this forum around this time?<br>

<br>Never hibernated, and have had a most enjoyable summer jumping campaign, as always! What would you like to talk about? I’m all ears. And typing fingers as well, natch.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

I,ve never been away either, I just love NH racing. With very few exceptions there aren’t any characters you can latch onto on the flat, and when I go to Flat meetings (shock, horror ) they’re recriprocal, & we usually only go to Thirsk & enjoy North Yorkshire for a few days. The atmosphere is totally diferent, the clapping round the winners enclosure is for the most part polite & sporadic, no enthusiasm. <br>Whereas NH racing, appreciation of even the most humble of winners is great, and concern for fallen horses genuine, many many times have I seen people waiting to clap in a warrior who has been winded & lives to fight another day.<br>The hurdle scene looks really exciting, mainly Irish hopes but we have Detroit City & Black Jack Ketchum to fly the flag.<br>The chase scene I think is a case of wait & see, if Kicking King is as good as ever on his return, should make it really competitive.<br>Can’t wait.

frankmorby
    • Total Posts 23

Well ive just woke up in Monets Garden with Mariah Rollins after havin a bit o Thisthatntother its a nice place Essex for that kinda thing,its well Justified unless yer being watched by that Ollie Magern perv with his Baracouda angin out!Anyway going shootin the Brooklyn Breeze wi my mate Robert now and avin a game of Racing Demon in the Horse and Jockey with a Gin n Tonic Kind Sir.Cant wait for the Jumps

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Agree to a certain extent, QC, but in the interests of parity I’m obliged to mention I witnessed some disgusting episodes of cheering fallers when they hit the ground at Worcester a couple of times during the summer. As I recall, I gave "idiot faction in crowd" (or words to that effect) as a Negative in one of my post-race analyses, in addition to a couple of horses.

NH git I may be, but I’ve found the Flat exploits of the likes of Aahgowangowan very hard NOT to warm to this summer, I have to admit. Must be going soft in my middle age.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 4:12 pm on Oct. 10, 2006)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

I must admit Jeremy, the last time I was at Worcester as we walked out we had to pass a whole load of people who’d had one too many, cans strewn on the floor etc, not nice.<br>As for Aahgowangowan must agree from very humble beginings she became a little heroine & it’s obvious shedidshedidshedid, cos now sh’e got a bun in the oven!!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

LMAO Mortisha<br>

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 4:30 pm on Oct. 10, 2006)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from quixallcrossett on 4:13 pm on Oct. 10, 2006[br]<br>As for Aahgowangowan must agree from very humble beginings she became a little heroine & it’s obvious shedidshedidshedid, cos now sh’e got a bun in the oven!! <br>

<br>If she has a filly, I think you’ve just provided the name for her!

gc<br>

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from Mortisha on 3:10 pm on Oct. 10, 2006[br]Don’t the ‘proper racing’ fans start emerging from their Summer hibernation on this forum around this time?<br>

<br>The proper racing fans are interested in ALL codes of racing imo

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

You mean the gamblers EW?

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Yes<br>

daiesy
    • Total Posts 104

hey i’m still here! Just don’t get much access to the net anymore!!

does anyone open my virtual bar in the chat room anymore?

lots of love<br>a belle called daiesy

hang on did you jump racing enthusiats (god my spellings awful) or jump jockey?

hahahahahahaha

(oops Katy can talk, dont mention any Guests to her ;) )

(Edited by daiesy at 6:05 pm on Oct. 10, 2006)

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

The flat season has had its moments, like with Aahgowangowan, Young Mick and Red Evie, all horses you can cheer on from race to race, but it’s the jump season that brings on the real cheers, and the tears, and the glory! Bring it ON!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.