The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Whats Better

Home Forums Horse Racing Whats Better

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

It has been a talking point for a while so lets clear it up. Also I mean all aspects of the meeting. i.e. racing, atmosphere etc.

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

I seriously want to see how landslide this will be, thats all!

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Love them both. <br>Flat is my preference normally but it’s very close.<br>Mmmm……………. RA by a whisker.<br>(although if you’d asked me after Greenhope’s win in 20006…..:biggrin: )

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

You should see about getting a job in a polling station Aidan……..

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Just interested to see peoples opinions thats all.

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

If there were a poll for the racecourse with the best totty, then I reckon Chester would be odds-on. :hump:

Andrew HughesAndrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Insomniac, I think those are the most disturbing emoticons I’ve ever seen!

As for this poll, having never been to Cheltenham or Ascot, I’m in a perfect position to judge and I would have to say the tweed beats the top hat every time. The anticipation of Cheltenham and the roar that greets the curtain raiser isn’t matched by Ascot. Ascot is class and style, but Cheltenham is raw excitement.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Never been to Royal Ascot but having been to Cheltenham I know the two will be completely different. Cheltenham is a gambling scrum. If you want to see attractive women though go to Ascot.

York’s ebor meeting is the best i’ve been to.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

Cheltenham is the only time I can get excited about a jumps meeting, but  Ascot is my preference.

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Not a NH man myself but, Cheltenham is a meeting where every racing purist can get excited and also it is 100% quality racing and as someone said it is raw excitement and passion. At Ascot while the racings good I feel fashion and being seen is getting to be more important sadly. Other than all that the racing is superb.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I’m probably more a flat man than a jump man but the fashion rubbish spoils Ascot for me.

IMO the best meeting of the lot is the Aintree National meeting.

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Royal Ascot is all class not a bit of tweed in site.

<br>Royal Ascot is THE meeting in the equine world.

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

I prefer Cheltenham.

Although one can score better sh*t at Ascot.

Or so I’ve been told.

Mike

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I’ve never been to either, but it’s got to be Cheltenham for me. You can’t feel the atmosphere and electricity of Royal Ascot in a living room 300 miles away! It’s 100% pure passionate racing, no pomp and circumstance. <br>Of course it does help that I’m a massive NH man!

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Neither of the above can hold a candle to a wet weekend at Dingley or Clifton-upon-Dunsmore. Or Cartmel. Or Bangor. Or Fakenham….

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.