The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What to do on a non-racing Saturday?

Home Forums Lounge What to do on a non-racing Saturday?

Viewing 5 posts - 18 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Emphatically not a non-racing day for me – plenty to enjoy on the synthetics at comparative leisure. In between that, it’s been an afternoon of sorting out invoices and booking correspondents to cover this coming month’s Pointing fixtures – rather more of the last-named sitting at home awaiting my call than might ordinarily have been the case. 8)

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

I’m going to need to discover the attractions (or otherwise) of this ‘pointing’ lark one of these days.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5618

After that work my way through tomorrow’s excellent Musselburgh card which, assuming the forecast is accurate, should go ahead.

Well, what a bummer

I too was confident Musselburgh would go ahead as it was +5C in Edinburgh at 1900Hrs last night. So the formbook was prised open with eager anticipation

What to do on a non-racing Sunday? Skiing on The Knavesmire perhaps. Snow is six inches deep here and it’s currently -7C

powder day!

Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1019

We are about 35 miles up the A1 from London and we’ve had about 6 inches of snow overnight, but it’s not freezing at the moment. Might get a bit nasty if it freezes tonight though!

You're old enough to kill but not for votin'
    You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin'?
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2810

Luckly the AW racing has saved the day yet again :D

If you think that unedifying sight at Wolverhampton this afternoon did anything top promote racing then you have a different view of the sport than I do.

Funny how it was abandoned as soon as C4 stopped broadcasting

They should have done a Cheltenham preview – was obvious days ago there would be little quality racing this weekend.

Viewing 5 posts - 18 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.