The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What price Champetre in running?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks What price Champetre in running?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

And, what odds the unlucky layers are now taking a dive from a 5th storey balcony in utter disillusionment?

paulostermeyerpaulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4601

And, what odds the unlucky layers are now taking a dive from a 5th storey balcony in utter disillusionment?

No sympathy for them

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

No sympathy for them

Don’t like punters much do you Paul?

Nothing substantial done at big prices, only peanuts.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

No sympathy for them

I’m surprised, I thought GC would be the one they would all be trying to ‘get’. Even the pilot said the best he could have done was 5th or 6th.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

No sympathy for them

Anyone laying in running ought to know the risk they’re taking Yeats. The race is known for cock ups. It’s not the first, second or third time it’s happened.

So laying in running in this particular race is known to be dangerous.

value is everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4601

I don’t like the in-running punters who lay horses at ridiculously big prices and I freely admit I delight when it goes wrong for them and they get hit hard – I’m actually disappointed they were only done for peanuts today.

I nearly wet myself laughing when a Newcastle based in-running layer (watching on TV) got done for everything in his account when there was a turnover at Leicester last year.

Almost as much as I laughed at the punter who lost £85k as a result of Stewart’s incorrect call of a winner at Warwick earlier in the summer.

Both lost as a result of greed and stupidity – why should anybody have sympathy for them?

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I don’t like the in-running punters who lay horses at ridiculously big prices and I freely admit I delight when it goes wrong for them and they get hit hard – I’m actually disappointed they were only done for peanuts today.

I nearly wet myself laughing when a Newcastle based in-running layer (watching on TV) got done for everything in his account when there was a turnover at Leicester last year.

Almost as much as I laughed at the punter who lost £85k as a result of Stewart’s incorrect call of a winner at Warwick earlier in the summer.

Both lost as a result of greed and stupidity – why should anybody have sympathy for them?

That goes both ways though doesn’t it? If you want the trade you have to lay the odds being asked for. You take a position and stand by it with your pocket don’t you?
    What would be the point of offering 5.2 when the lowest ask is 15? Someone will simply jump in and offer 7.6 and snipe the trade. If you have taken the position that the horse

will

lose, then you will gladly offer the 15 for some free money.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4601

If you have taken the position that the horse

will

But that is my point – it is not free money if the horse goes on to win and if the layer is greedy enough to risk a huge sum just to grab a relatively small amount then, frankly, the layer deserves it when they get mugged.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1571

There is a world of difference between a gambler trying to win money and someone trying to buy money.

I like gamblers, but not the quasi-traders.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

If you have taken the position that the horse

will

But that is my point – it is not free money if the horse goes on to win and if the layer is greedy enough to risk a huge sum just to grab a relatively small amount then, frankly, the layer deserves it when they get mugged.

Its a buyers market, but you are probably right that sometimes the best strategy is to simply let the race pass on by and look for better value elsewhere.
    There are of course those who are, as you put it, greedy, and are willing to lay at 999 to a pound when the horse is still on it’s feet. They deserve all they get when they get trounced for £10k by trying to win less than enough for 2oz of baccy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.