The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What other competitive sport …….. ?

Home Forums Horse Racing What other competitive sport …….. ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

Musselburgh : 13th February 13:50.

Following a stewards’ inquiry, Raysrock, who dead-heated for 1st, was disqualified and placed 2nd. Logans Run was awarded the race

——————————————————————————————–

What other competitive sport ……… is a competitor who is disqualified, for breaking the rules, is knocked back one place ?

In other sports, if you are found guilty by the protest or objection committee ( Steward Enquiry ), to have broken the rules, you are placed stone LAST.

aaronizneez
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1741

Quadrilla

I think you have to view it like Motor Racing. If someone infringes (dangerous driving, pit lane speeding etc ) during the race they maybe get a 10 sec penalty in the pits whereas if they break the rules with regard to weight of car etc they get their points taken away. With horse racing if you make a minor infringement you get penalised by finishing behind the other horse you interfered with whereas if a foreign substance is found you get disqualified completely.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5706

Slightly more odd in this case. Both jockeys were deemed to be guilty of causing interference, but since Timmy Murphy’s offence on Raysrock was considered more serious than that committed by Denis O’Regan, Raysrock was demoted. The P.A. announcement was long and complicated!

Final official result aside, Raysrock showed a real ‘thou shalt not pass attitude’ from the last, and because of the disqualification avoids a penalty next time.

Rob

ARCHIE 1
    • Total Posts 40

RALLYING’S MY GAME AND YOU GET ALL SORTS OF RULES IN THAT :x :? :lol: I HAVE BEEN IN THE RALLYING WORLD FOR 29 YEARS AND BELIEVE ME 1 SECOND IS A LONG TIME NOWADAYS. A 100TH IS YOU GET A 10 SECOND PENALTY ITS HARD TO GET IT BACK SO ONE SEC YOU LEADING THEN YOU PICK UP A STUPID PENALTY. THEN ITS FROM FIRST TO SECOND OR WORSE IN ONE EASY MOVE :lol:

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

EASY WITH THAT CAPS LOCK ARCHIE

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

In a horse race you are racing against 10 rivals you interfere with the second horse but doesn’t affect the other 8 runners you get placed 2nd.

Seems fair to me.

All sports are different.

Karate Competition……….100 fighters……..you get disqualified you are out whether it be the first round or the final.

Oxford V Cambridge boat race goes without saying.

I think Athletics is the same as horse racing please correct me if I am wrong.

Boxing…… youre gone only two fighters

Tiddlywinks……..usually you don’t get disqualified but every chance your sister will smack you in the mouth :lol:

5 card stud……….my advice don’t play with Doc Holiday disqualification can be painful :?

I think racing should be left to the stewards to decide whether a horse be placed 2nd or last they do have the choice……unless they changed the rules when I wasn’t looking :shock:

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

In football it is possible that a Man U player will cause a minor infringment on the way to ‘scoring’ a goal.
    The goal would be ruled out and there is a possiblity (hopefully) they could lose the game instead of getting a draw.
    At the end of the season that single point lost due to that one infringment could allow Arsenal to win the premiership!
    Go on gunners!

AndyRAC
    Participant
    • Total Posts 376

Now if Horse Racing ws like Motor Racing, imagine it – a faster horse behind a front running outsider, who weaves all over the track to keep it behind. Or vice versa – a faster car behind so the one in front can’t block it – just imagine the possibilities/carnage!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.