The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What is wrong with a little bit of silence?

Home Forums Lounge What is wrong with a little bit of silence?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

My missus comes in every night and I get a complete run down of her day. Tonight is was; some car on the M4 this morning, some Jo Malone body or bath oil I’m not sure what, a new green top, something about her memory card in her phone and the bloke in the shop saying something or other, something about something at work. Then she has spent the last hour telling her mate exactly the same on the phone – and I’m trying to watch The Bill.

Does my ******* head in.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

Men are from Mars etc etc…….

chloed
    • Total Posts 433

same thing here pompete,usually goes like this, chris thingy should never have bowled the last over, wotsits should not have been played on the wing,some bloke called dinnerjacket winning iranian elections,cant get the right shaving foam, down the pub for a quick drink and you have to go thru it all again only in more detail.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Never been married, but ain’t that what blow jobs are for?

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Steady on G…I didn’t mean for this to be a man vs women thing. In fact we’ve got a bloke at work who just goes on about everthing all the time (admittedly he is one of them, so I don’t know if that makes a difference.)

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Pete – I have perfected the art of pretending to listen.

Very occasionally I get caught out when there is a pause and a response is clearly expected but most of the time I get away with it.

The annoying part is most of the time it is utterly meaningless, trivial irrelevant stuff. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Aaaaah! Use the ‘key word’ method – it works for me and it’s really simple.

E’g. If there’s a woman that she bitches about quite often – in my case it’ll be ‘Jackie’ – simply mumble "stupid bitch" whenever she either pauses for breath or a response.

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

E’g. If there’s a woman that she bitches about quite often – in my case it’ll be ‘Jackie’ – simply mumble "stupid bitch" whenever she either pauses for breath or a response.

Genius – and like you say so simple :D

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

Be careful she is not talking about the mother in law or you might get a slap in the face. :lol:

Member since March 2008
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4355

wear glasses
    with eyes painted on

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6405

The "dark crusader" returns!

Regards – Matron
    :cool:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.