The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What is the best 2yo we have seen out so far?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks What is the best 2yo we have seen out so far?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

The poll options are in no particular order.

At this early stage of the season, are there any 2yo that people have their eyes on? Its difficult for me to narrow the list down to 10 but all of the above have won a decent race (or several) and have RPRs in the 100s.

I have a horse that is well clear on my ratings and I was wondering what people thought was the best performance so far. Also what horse is best for the future? For the future I quite like Strategic Prince who has plenty of stamina in the pedigree but won well over 6f last time.

I will not vote in the poll but obviously with me doing 2yo ratings I have an interest in the outcome of the poll.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I’ve been quite impressed with M Johnston’s Champery personally.  A very promising 2yo with potential to be a Derby horse next year.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

A less obvious choice RD but having done everything asked of him he is certainly interesting. Have you had anything in the way of a speculative bet on him?<br>

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 3:06 am on July 18, 2006)

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I have him on my early shortlist.  No bets yet, I may just take a price for small stakes if I see him entered in a good race later on.<br>Out of your list, HRE is the one I like the most :)

(Edited by Racing Daily at 1:29 am on July 18, 2006)

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I think I tipped HRE on here before the coventry but subsequently backed hellvelyn on someone’s advice and watching the video.. Personally I think Hellvelyn is very good but I could be wrong

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

by the way, good poll

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Thanks Aragorn I’ll tell you what I think after a few more posts.;)

As there are hardly any new threads on here I thought I may as well create a few.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Teofilio and Red Rock Canyon.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

You got in before me Gareth. Seriously hot maiden that!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Hardly an original choice i know but watching Sander Camillo last week was like watching two different races.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

If it is a case of what 2-y-o has run to the highest level so far, then that imo is without question Sander Camillo. If it is a case of which horse has run this season so far, that will be rated highest at the end of this season or at the end of their classic season, then I don’t know. But I imagine the highest rated 2-y-o colt has yet to make his debut.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

I remember supposed super-filly Kerrera winning the Cherry Hinton for Sir Michael Stoute in the eighties and getting single figure quotes for the fillies classic.

Plus ca change, though Sander Camillo was impressive, granted.

As DJ says, horses progress at different rates and with this in mind – and bearing in mind you’ve stipulated at this stage of the season, FSL – I’ll go with Dutch Art. Not tested yet and full of untapped potential.

Is the colt going for the Vintage or the Richmond? Anyone know?:)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Chapple-Hyam was making noises about the Prix Morny for Dutch Art I think.

Back to Sander Camillo, a couple of fillies in the last 15 years ran to a similar level in the Cherry Hinton, namely Attraction and Stoute’s Dazzle. We all know what Attraction did but Dazzle didn’t really go on from it, beaten in both the Chevely Park and Rockfel. Her only subsequent success coming at listed level for all she was placed in a Guineas

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

From the Chapple-Hyam website:

“I will be speaking to his owners about his next target but the Richmond (at Goodwood on August 4) is a possible while the Morny, as I mentioned after the Norfolk, is also under consideration (August 20). It could be that he runs in both"

Montgomery’s Arch won the Richmond for the trainer in 2004 and Captain Hurricane, (July Stakes winner) ran fourth behind the brilliant Divine Proportions in the Morny in the same year.

I’m sure it will run in the former and is probably banker material. Cheers DJ.

Jeremy Noseda has mentioned the Morny for Sander Camillo, too. A potentially interesting clash.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were kept apart, if only for the reason that Dutch Art now runs in the colours of Susan Roy, of Major’s Cast fame, and considering their relationship with the Noseda yard, I wouldn’t have thought it was in either parties interests to be taking each other on if it can be avoided.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.