The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What horse will you always remember?

Home Forums Horse Racing What horse will you always remember?

Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    nore
    • Total Posts 151

Mr Sneaky Boo

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from Burroughhill on 8:03 pm on Dec. 19, 2006[br]

Roland I’m glad you mentioned Ei Ei! That was another I was going to add to my list this evening. He was another killed during a race, jumping the last when winning if I remember rightly.

<br>Terrific campaigner, with a hugely enthusiastic owner in Sarah Richards and an admirable attitude to the sport.

He met his end when falling in a Market Rasen handicap hurdle two summers ago – he was getting on for a distance clear of the remainder when the terrible accident happened.

His demise was used as another stick to beat the purported evils of summer jumping in a number of outlets (including, sadly, on this forum for a few days), and frankly the horse deserved better than that.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Boggy, the first winner I ever saw "live", when he won the selling handicap hurdle on Easter Monday at Wincanton in 1959.

Although that year is remembered as one of the best summers of all time, Easter that year was in March and it had rained all weekend and was still doing so on the Monday morning. After my Dad ringing the track to make sure it was still on, we trained up from Bournemouth and the sun came out after Creekmore Halt, and it’s still vivid in my mind remembering topical-tip Boggy ploughing through the red mud in the bright sunshine. A great memory for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.