The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you watching?

Home Forums Lounge What are you watching?

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

……… Bodie is an absolute legend in my book.

Agreed BSB. I particularly loved the ending of each episode, which was always exactly the same:

Scene: George Cowleys office. Cowley, Bodie and Doyle are present.

Cowley: “It’s damn insubordination….that’s what it is”.

Bodie & Doyle looking at feet: “Yes sir”.

Cowley grins: “Here, have a large scotch”.

Cue credits.

Pure televisual magic. :mrgreen:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

In between Hong Kong and Penang am watching Hot Fuzz – it’s so good :lol:

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Hot Fuzz is fantastic. I’ve got to get it on DVD somehow!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I find myself agreeing with the Rt Hon Lady for ParkerGeorgeMedia on this issue – a top film and no mistake.

That new Run, Fat Boy, Run! thing of Pegg’s looks whiffy as, though.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

Horse and country channel! :oops: I love all the vet programs and the horse ones i’m so sad really
    Also Love Animal cops Houston – the people that neglect those animals are just sooooo bad i get so emotional :cry:

When i’m not being sad and watching animal programs i just watch the soaps! :oops: I feel bad for the certain someone that’s going to end up with me! NO FOOTBALL….NO DODGEY CAR PROGRAMS….NO VIOLENT MOVIES! :lol:

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

Hot Fuzz is fantastic. I’ve got to get it on DVD somehow!

Agree there, it was so funny! Think i’ll buy it on dvd actually

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

Did anyone watch ‘The Dinner Party’ last night [Sunday BBC1] ? if that was supposed to be a modern take of ‘Abigail’s Party’ then it sadly missed it’s mark. Most disappointing considering the excellent cast.

Any other ‘Abigail’ fans on here? I watch that once a year and yet to tire of it. Demis Roussos anyone? :lol:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

No can’t say that I did – we don’t get that here. :shock:
    I am however eagerly anticipating the announcement of the date of the launch of
    Spooks Series 6

Wonder if Adam is still as loopy as he was in 5 :lol:

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

oooh, dont know that one, but then looking back over this thread I seem to be only familiar with ‘The Professionals’ :shock:

age is a wonderful thing… :lol:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

You don’t know Spooks?? :shock: I didn’t think there was anyone left in the world who didn’t know Spooks :shock:
    Well golly gee. :lol:
    The first 5 series have now all been released on DVD – go buy them quickly and get up to date before 6 starts :D

Series 1 and 2 were brilliant, Series 3 had a bit of a melting moment in the script writer’s room, Series 4 started to bounce back to form and then 5 sought of imploded after they bumped off a main charcter and then had another sail off into the espionage sunset……….. but the final episode was quite good. 8)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

You two at it again!!!!!! :wink: 8)

Colin

• Total Posts 2390

I don’t watch a great deal of telly. We got rid of Sky a couple of years ago and other than the racing don’t miss it at all. However, I do enjoy Friday nights on ITV….Frost, Midsummer Murders, and even Agatha Christie. No swearing, no gratiutous sex or violence just three plain good old fashioned murders per episode. :D

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Well hello there Seabird/Colin :lol: – what’s doing in your neck of the woods today?

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I don’t watch a great deal of telly. We got rid of Sky a couple of years ago and other than the racing don’t miss it at all. However, I do enjoy Friday nights on ITV….Frost, Midsummer Murders, and even Agatha Christie. No swearing, no gratiutous sex or violence just three plain good old fashioned murders per episode. :D

I love Midsomer Murders and Agatha Christie and Morse and Dalziel and Pascoe! (well when Wieldy was in it :D ) I didn’t like the new Miss Marple when she first started but I’ve got used to her now and she’s very good.
    And apart from all the bodies, I’d love to live in a village like Midsomer! :lol:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Actually, I have been on the mobile phone to BT for 3 hours 5 minutes trying to get a land line put into a new house that I have moved into.

Great fun…………………..not. :evil:

Colin

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Blimey that call will cost you a mini fortune :shock:
    I hope they manage to sort it out for you :D and your day gets better n better :lol:

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

I have briefly researched ‘Spooks’. I may catch up with this in about 10 years from now, all being well…lol…well when your home is turned into a mini betting shop, what else can one do? :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.