The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you watching?

Home Forums Lounge What are you watching?

Viewing 17 posts - 188 through 204 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Venture Mad Men is a must especially if you have a Blu Ray player. Its very impressive piece of work.

Never got into Seinfeld mainly because I was always dropping in and out of it. I certainly watch it soon.

I am actually watching the Pre-Wire called Homicide Life on the Street at the moment which was created by the guy who did The Wire. Very good so far…their is a few characters from The Wire in their as the big lanky guy in Law and Order SVU who is quite brilliant. The man reason i got it was Frank Pembleton was said to be one of the best TV Characters ever and I must say he hasnt disappointed so far.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

I used to love Due South. Not sure if it’s repeated anywhere; the box set is pretty expensive. My daughter is always telling me to watch The Wire, which she says is the best thing ever.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Favourite recent series – Garrow’s Law

Current favourite old series – High Chapparal

Fortunately both are very much rap free.

• Total Posts 2390

There was a thread on here a while back in which there was fair agreement The Wire was a fantastic series The Wire: Greatest TV Show On The Earth

I don’t watch a great deal of the old goggle box but I do normally like to sit down at about 9ish to watch an hour or so and my current favs are:

New Tricks – on tonight :D , Rebus on ITV3 :D and also Hornblower again on ITV3 :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The Soprano’s was excellent, Really liked Prison Break (with the exception of series 2). The recent Sky Atlantic series Game Of Thrones was excellent I felt, the excellent acting of Seán Bean being the cherry on top of the cake. I’m currently watching The Pacific, another good show.

One I really want to get to is The Wire, which has got received rave reviews, and everyone who watches it seems to love it.

Also on the ‘to do’ list is Friday Night Lights. The film was exceptional and while I’ve watched the first two or three episodes of the first series, I haven’t found the time to watch the rest yet!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

From Wednesday 10 August 2011 at 8:30 on BBC 4 Timothy Spall: Back At Sea.

The first series was excellent were he’s traveling round British coast in a sea barge.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Sopranos is the best show in years IMO. Repeats still hold up Big Time…. NYPD Blue used to be best show

http://youtu.be/dDMHyKlsNX0

• Total Posts 10

Jiminy crikies where to start :shock:

Dr Who (but only with David Tennant and Dr Donna :lol: )
    Torchwood
    Poirot
    Midsomer Murders
    Heartbeat (old ones)
    Pie in the Sky
    Frasier
    Twentytwelve
    Downton Abbey

That’ll do for now 8) from me aka square eyes :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31

Have to agree about The Wire….favourite series ever.

Two that haven’t been mentioned are Deadwood which is up there with The Sopranos in my opinion; and a more recent one, Breaking Bad.

Anyone else seen those?

• Total Posts 1150

Other good series i have heard are

OZ

the other i think off but i will. Something about a man who has cancer and starts cooking crystal Meth is his house.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Justified on 5USA was brilliant. It’s just started a repeat of the last serial.

• Total Posts 1150

Just finished Homicide….was a great show with great characters just got a bit repetitive.

Off to take a quick break at luck at Planet Earth and then dig into another Series.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I like Suits. Just wish the lad would stop wearing that wretched satchel. I suppose it’s to get youngsters to identify with him.

• Total Posts 36

Bit of a sci fi fan but,the walking dead’s the one for me at the moment.should be back on soon.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

Accused; gut wrenchingly awesome. And, puzzling over why I don’t watch Dr Who…this is an oversight on my part, I fear. And any history programme with Lucy Worsley in it; she brings history to life. Still everything and anything on BBC4 but it now vies for favouritism with the newly discovered Radio 6…[oh joy; endless wonderful music]. I have truly died and gone to heaven….

Participant
    • Total Posts 6853

If you like 6 music then, try this station based in the USA:-

http://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php#name=Playlist

Regards
    :cool:

Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Not generally a fan of American humour (sorry, that should be "humor"!) :lol: , but I do always find "Friends" enjoyable.

And, more recently, I have come to really enjoy "The Big Bang Theory". Much more subtle "humor" than much of the American stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 188 through 204 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.