The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What a brilliant festival

Home Forums Horse Racing What a brilliant festival

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

With all the gloom on dwelling on the disapointment or not of the gold cup, just thought Id start a thread for thoughts on what may have been the high point for people of the week, Ive had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

The High Point for me would have to be master mindeds win yesterday, and to a much lesser extent the encouraging novice races

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Master Minded and Denman were outstanding. Other than that to be honest I think its been pretty disappointing.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

There was also supposed to be a poll option for below average, but it hasn’t went in for some reason. Just use the average one instead

tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

Tribal bay, Denman and Master minded for me made it a vintage cheltenham

dubai_millennium
    • Total Posts 139

Excellent festival, especially considering they lost a day!
    Highlight was Inglis Drever without a doubt.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 27800

Wonder how many peoples view will be blurred by whether they had a winning or losing festival.

Ginge

value is everything
    non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

I realise it wasn’t your fault Bulwark, but without a downside category this poll looks more like something from behind the Iron Curtain than from anything in the ‘free’ world…

“Three of the ribbed ones, you say? Very good sir. And would sir like those in Large, Huge, or Eye-wateringly Enormous?”

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Wonder how many peoples view will be blurred by whether they had a winning or losing festival.

Ginge

Mine probably lol. Could barely tip a winner let alone back one but a couple of good lays served me well so its not losing money that has influenced my judgement.

I think Wednesdays fiasco affected me and also the lack of a quality Champion hurdle, started things off on the wrong foot for me. The festival has improved as its gone on and Master Minded and Denman’s performances will live in the memory. Also Inglis Drever. Apart from those though everything else is pretty forgetable, none of the novices look especially promising to me.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

The four big races were won by horses you cannot help but admire for entirely different reasons. More than most years

That makes it an excllent festival for me (profitable too 8)

robharvell
    • Total Posts 16

master minded, breathtaking, also mr mcgoldrick was a huge surprise!

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

One of the best festival I can remember.

And a few unanswered quustions

Would Binocular have won the Triumph?

Would Sizing Europe have won the Champion Hurdle?

Who will win the next Kauto Star V Denman clash ?

The one certainty of the meeting was that Master Minded looks a star of the future and could reign supreme over 2 miles for many years to come.

Well done to Inglis Drever, Katchit, Denman and Master MInded a great meeting

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Would Binocular have won the Triumph?

No.

Would Sizing Europe have won the Champion Hurdle?

Yes, easily had something not gone wrong.

Who will win the next Kauto Star V Denman clash ?

Depends on the conditions of the race. Thats IF they meet again.

There you go Fist, I’ll answer them for ya, easy peasy. :D

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

One of the best Festivals in recent memory.

Top 3 performances:

1 Master Minded
    2 Tidal Bay
    3 Denman

Inglis Drever collecting his third World Hurdle and Katchit’s Champion Hurdle victory were also special momemts.

What do people want from The Festival? We had record breaking winners of the Queen Mother and World Hurdle, a popular winner of the Champion Hurdle who landed an auspicious double that hasn’t been done for over thirty years and many great finishes. Not to mention Denman vs Kauto Star.

I’m not easily pleased, but some people are too hard to please!

RichK
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

I had a heavy losing festival – the first one for a while, but I think it was outstanding. To see Master Minded, Inglis Drever and Denman all at the same meeting – awesome.

I think the management played a blinder in pulling off the abandonment as well – made for a very special Thursday.

Breath Of Fresh Ayr
    • Total Posts 82

Excellent festival IMO!!

Especially after Fiveforthree dug me out a hole!!

Jonny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.