The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

wetherby next monday

Home Forums Horse Racing wetherby next monday

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ARCHIE 1
    • Total Posts 40

SO IS ANYONE GOING TO WETHERBY NEXT MONDAY. IF THEY DON’T CANCEL IT FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON :? :wink:

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Maybe – depends how the card pans out.

I have either Wetherby or Plumpton in the planner for Monday – I will decide which one when the final decs are made.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

It looks as though the meeting is heading in the direction of an all hurdle card.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/08/02/06/RACING_Wetherby.html

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5407

The forecast is favourable, being mild, dry and breezy so perhaps all is not lost. Though I suspect the parts of the ‘new’ chase course causing problems would actually benefit from not being raced on again this season.

ARCHIE 1
    • Total Posts 40

The forecast is favourable, being mild, dry and breezy so perhaps all is not lost. Though I suspect the parts of the ‘new’ chase course causing problems would actually benefit from not being raced on again this season.

YOU COULD HAVE A POINT THEIR, I WALKED IT YESTERDAY AND IN SOME PLACES IT IS WET. BUT I HAVE SEEN IT WORSE THAN THAT. WE HAVE HAD NO RAIN FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS BUT THE 3RD FROM HOME (CHASE) IS SOAKED. I THINK ITS ONLY BEEN USED ONCE THIS SEASON AND THE NEW FENCE WHAT HAD BEEN PUT UP AT THE SIDE OF THE A1 THE ONE THAT CAUGHT SOME OF YOU OUT ON THE HELP TOPIC I PUT ON IS FLAT TO THE GROUND. SO WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS AT THE INSPECTION
    [/url:10874lkn]
    [/url:10874lkn]
    [URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Is it me or has the A1 land purchase ruined the course.

3m1f races dont start in front of the stands anymore
    2m4f chases only take 14 fences just the same at Haydock.
    No water jump but surley they could have added a new fence down the back straight.

Judging by the pictures it now looks like the hurdles course has a chicane up the home straight.

Best thing to do is to cancel racing for rest of season and transfer all meetings to courses like Donny,Newcastle,Uttoxeter and let the course bed in during the summer

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5407

The land taken was a compulsory purchase order so no blame can be attached to the track authorities. However the chase track reinstatement was something of a rushed job and the course really required a full year to bed in, rather than just the one summer.

I’ll reserve judgement on the new chase layout until matters are sorted next season.

The ‘chicane’ you refer to on the hurdles course appears to be temporary dolling out – presumably for Monday – to change the racing line on exit from the back, or to avoid false ground.

ARCHIE 1
    • Total Posts 40

don’t know if the fence they have taken out will be replaced in time to come down the back straight :? . im glad the water jump has gone it should have been called sand jump because that’s all it had in it at anytime of year :lol: . i must agree with you the course could have done with a year out to settle in. im sure it will come together at some point :wink:

ARCHIE 1
    • Total Posts 40

i know im answering my own question hear :? , but i went past wetherby race course today and there’s a new open ditch been put in the back straight. and the 2nd from home what has been causing a few problems has been remooved :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.