The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wetherby Inspecting

Home Forums Horse Racing Wetherby Inspecting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Wetherby are holding an inspection at 8:00 tomorrow morning ahead of Thursday’s planned meeting.

The course are reporting problems with their watering system and cannot currently water.

With the ground still drying out they will not be able to comply with the BHA ground regulations for summer jumping if the problem is not fixed.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Damn, thata’s quite annoyning ( if it doesn’t go ahead) I was looking forward to that card.
    Could they not hire a water sprayer-truck or something ……… or am I being naive?

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Will be having another look at 4:00 Wednesday.

Watering system now fixed but unsure if they can get enough water on to make a difference – presumably it has to be added slowly!!!!

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Paul

I would imagine that’s the case. From memories from many years of watering cricket pitches, if you put it on too heavily you either end up waterlogged, or the lying water evaporates instead of soaking in.

Rob

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I can’t help feeling sorry for them – they are almost in a no win situation.

Jonjo did not sound that optimistic – with the ground Firm, hard in places I can’t see them having enough time to get the water on without causing damage or making it too dangerous.

dprp
    • Total Posts 175

Up until it broke down, they had put 12mm on one side & 37mm on th other….which to me illustrates the nature of the ground problems at the track for the last 12 months. Huge variability.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

This A1 project has totally ruined Wetherby as a top class jumps venue.

The turn away from the stands is not how it used to be, it was a real sight to see them climbing then do a sharp left before going downhill to the turn into the back and the turn away from the stands now means that it is in oval track.

Id move all next seasons fixtures away and give them more time for developing the turf and getting a top quality surface and realign the bends so Wetherby can get back to being a top jumping course

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Meeting abandoned :cry:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.