The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

West ham

Home Forums General Sports West ham

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

I have to say the shady underhand dealings which have tainted Upton Park this season has me firmly in Wigan’s camp tomorrow.

On another matter – with the double whammy of American involvement and spiralling financial implications which success or failure brings don’t be surprised to see an increase in the amount of litigation involved in football.

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

I must admit the thought of West Ham relegated and every radio phone in dominated with ‘…it’s out of order innit gov…we’re a big club won the ’66 world cup didint we…etc etc’ fills me with dread. Nevertheless I shall overcome this selfish personal reason and hope, pray, cut off my right arm, for natural justice to be done and Wigan & Sheffield Utd stay up.

Althought I do accept it was a geniune mistake in fielding unregistated players…after all WE all knew their registration was held by a dodgy South American business group last September…it’s just no one told the Premier League until January (when Mascherano moved to Liverpool btw).

Btw, for anyone interested in the ‘shady dealings of professional football’ I would recommend Tom Bower’s Broken Dreams.<br>

(Edited by Pompete at 2:03 am on May 13, 2007)

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

It’s going to be an odd day for me tomorrow, wanting both Man Utd and Wigan to win.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

West Ham are my team down south, and even I admit that we should have been deducted points. But the PL is a law unto itself, and it’s decided on a fine instead. The motives for this are questionable: was this genuinely because they felt sympathy for the current regime who had close to bugger all to do with the offence, or was it because it’s in their own interests to keep the ‘big’ clubs in the league? There is no doubt the people that pump money into the Premiership would rather have West Ham there than Wigan or Sheffield United.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Watched the game with a Sheff Utd fan and gutted for them.

The hammers should FALL.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

The ironic thing is that West Ham didn’t avoid relegation, Carlos Tevez did. And that goes for the last 8-10 games of the season.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.