Wesley Ward

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2014 Wesley Ward

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  andyod 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

The king of 2yo sprinters has landed at the Royal meeting again. Though when he gave his post-race interview I can’t help but feel too many assumed his "better horse(s)" was running today in the Queen Mary Stakes.

It isn’t.

For his most ferocious beast we’ll have to wait until Friday when Sunset Glow will show us why hes made the long journey over. 9/2 is a superb price. Lump on. This horse will be in a different league to his opposition.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

I was told the same about Sunset Glow by a very knowledgeable gentleman….. :wink:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    The Young Fella
    The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2075

I don’t want to get into trouble, so I’ll be careful what I say about these horses.

Hootenanny was about a hand bigger than any of the juveniles he raced against yesterday and seemed to have bigger hind quarters than Lochsong. What…

techniques

or…

advantages

does Ward use to make his juveniles so precocious and giant physical specimens?

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

Hootenanny’s handler was a real monster aswell.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2iaz8nr.jpg

Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1128

For his most ferocious beast we’ll have to wait until Friday when

Sunset Glow

will show us why hes made the long journey over. 9/2 is a superb price. Lump on. This horse will be in a different league to his opposition.

Seeing that Sunset Glow is running in the Albany Stakes, let’s hope that "he" is a "she" or there’ll be trouble!

:lol:

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

For his most ferocious beast we’ll have to wait until Friday when

Sunset Glow

will show us why hes made the long journey over. 9/2 is a superb price. Lump on. This horse will be in a different league to his opposition.

Seeing that Sunset Glow is running in the Albany Stakes, let’s hope that "he" is a "she" or there’ll be trouble!

:lol:

Haha oops! :oops:

Good to hear Hootenanny will be coming to York and that he’s thinking of sending more 2yo’s over next year.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

I was told the same about Sunset Glow by a very knowledgeable gentleman….. :wink:

Oh really now? Tell us more!!!!!!!!!

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

I’ve just had a few quid on with Stan James at 5’s.
    I’d rather not say too much as he might be reading but it was a word of a word that Sunset Glow is the best chance for the week.
    Watch her come last now…. :mrgreen:

I think if she goes too quick she will set things up for Patience Alexander who travels well off a quick pace but that would be my only concern.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

Well I’ll take your word of a word of a word then! Think I’m going to have to get on at the 5’s too. I can be it being another Hootenanny in the sense that the Ward horse will just be too powerful. But you’re right the worry would be her going too fast and getting caught close to home by a strong finisher and Patience Alexander is just that. To be fair though at 4/1 and 5/1 it’s not hard to cover yourself!

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

I see you had the rest of the 5’s then Ben?

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

Nope :evil: got carried away playing Tiger Woods Golf 14 (shot -8 in the first 6 holes lol) then when I looked back at the laptop the price had gone down to 4/1!

I’m in two minds whether to lump on Leading Light and put some of the winnings on Sunset Glow or whether to avoid the potential gold cup winner and just stick to the Ward horse……..decisions decisions :?

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

I’ve done what any sane person would do and put them in a double :mrgreen:

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

All set

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8747

Beaten by a good ‘un. Trainer reported that if the ground had been like day 1 and 2 she’d have been hard to beat but the watering just set it against her a little. Couldn’t believe she went to 7/1 and she put up a brave show.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

Gutted mate! Oh well

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.