The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Welsh National 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Welsh National 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    b1uebird
    • Total Posts 1

I fancy Quartz de Thaix for this. Williams is in great form and the price looks more interesting at 14/1 than, say, Viking Blond at 8/1. Am I missing something? Will it run?

• Total Posts 54

With the blog updated I do feel Teaforthree is solid enough for the race but is short at 7/2 and favorites have not been that good just 1-10, but i feel in this ground and already a winner over 4m at the festival back in March he has to be considered as does the Nigel Twiston-Davies VIKING BLOND.

I felt the each way bet in the race, has been emptying out over just shy of the trip and has been getting caught on the run in. the 3m 3f race when third to Monbeg Dude he had concede weight to the winner of 11LB. a hard ask but McCoy booked on Teaforthree who with his drive and strength could get him home infront

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

This is always a slog! I have opted for Universal Soldier from the brilliant Charlie Longsdon yard and my EW horse is one I believe will win a big handicap this year in Our Island :-)

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

My two for this:

Alfie Spinner has a very good record at the course, and can do the job on heavy ground. Adds a touch of class to this with a very good performance in the Reynoldstown last year, and attractively weighted. Nice price, too.

They say you need A Dour Plodder for this race, and who is more dour and ploddy than Master Overseer? Won well at Cheltenham last time out, handles the ground, and will the former Midlands National winner won’t have any problems with the trip. Again, a tasty price.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

msercs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

I have been waiting for this race for so long as Alfie Spinner is tailor made for it. Loves the track, ground and has a nice weight.

12/1 with Paddy Power – GET ON!

Martin

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Oh dear, a right old stink has been created by Alfies connections.
    Bang goes my 20/1 voucher.

Hopefully T43 will oblige as damage limitation.

msercs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

Alfie Spinner defection leaves a real sour taste in the mouth.

I know you pay your money and take your chance but I only backed him yesterday and he has been steadily backed in recent days.

Not happy!

Martin

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Alfie heading for Sandowns easier option according to nick Williams and Quartz de Taix not running due to bad blood test

• Total Posts 1217

Giles Cross has to be banker each way material, always seems to be bang there in these big staying chases.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

Giles Cross has to be banker each way material, always seems to be bang there in these big staying chases.

Will be interesting to see how he runs after his trip to Aintree ,it can sour a horse for good.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

This is always a slog! I have opted for Universal Soldier from the brilliant Charlie Longsdon yard and my EW horse is one I believe will win a big handicap this year in Our Island :-)

I’m with you re- Our Island backed it last year in TH Chelt 4M and the Scottish Nat. so he sort of owes me :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Cool Operator each way for me.

Funkadelic
    • Total Posts 7

I know they’re both longshots but incentivise loves it round Chepstow, and Arbor Supreme may have got some confidence after it’s last win and is still a well handicapped horse on old form. Both have no weight and that may tell on Saturday. I’ve got 140 for the former and 60 for the later fingers crossed :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Racing Post tweeting about the entries and number of runners yet the card hasn’t been updated.
    Meanwhile on Irishracing.com, it’s been fully updated

Might just back Monbeg Dude now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

Master Overseer should go well and i might take a chance on top weight Across The Bay. Big task on the ground, but i reckon 25/1 is nice value.

sandwith100
    • Total Posts 47

Master Overseer for me too. Stays all day and this is going to be desperate ground.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Viking Blond seems to have fallen readily into contention for this. Aside from a tame effort in last years’ race(albeit aged just 6) his course form is promising, he’ll relish conditions and he’s going off a very winnable mark. Left it pretty last minute before going through all these and was about to thrown a bit on Master Overseer myself, but my money now rests with the Twiston-Davies horse.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.