The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Well done to the Ewart Stable

Home Forums Horse Racing Well done to the Ewart Stable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

What an incredible week they have had. Previously only 2 winners this season , then 5 winners and a second from 6 runners this week.

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4572

A few of his runners were in need of the race in October, but the stable has been clicking in recent times. The overall strength has risen gradually over the last few seasons.

I’m hoping the run continues at Newcastle tomorrow, as I’ve got both Aikman and Captain Americo on my horses to follow list.

Rob

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

A few of his runners were in need of the race in October,

…but even then fewer than had historically been the case – 2011 is the first year in eight with a license that he’s managed to saddle winners in October at all, despite starting his season no earlier than previously. This bountiful November is the realisation of what I believe those earlier weeks of his autumn promised to deliver in spades.

I fear I might yet be cursing your Aikman with my patronage tomorrow as well, Rob! I still have to decide in my own mind whether Lackamon potentially constitutes enough of a threat to his front-running aspirations, and whether they risk dicing with each other to both of their detriment. I still think this is the most conducive combination of class and trip that the Ewart gelding has encountered over fences to date, though.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.