The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Weird placepot payout at Chester

Home Forums Horse Racing Weird placepot payout at Chester

Viewing 13 posts - 18 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

Anyone know what the story says ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1509

The tote would only cop 428k if it was a retail customer betting directly with them.

This bet was submitted by remote control by a 12 foot tall lizard, who views the soul of the average British shop punter as junk food, via a betting hub on an uninhabited volcanic island somewhere in the vicinity of the Pacific. So I very much doubt the rack rate was paid.

Don’t understand that Glenn, surely the money is in their custody wherever it comes from, else they can’t declare the dividend?

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
    I've walked and I crawled on six crooked highways
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2003

If I walk into a Ladbrokes in Cornwall and put a five pound line on via their tote direct, do you think Fred Done personally waits for physical delivery of that fiver from the girl behind the counter before declaring a dividend?

You could be right. It would certainly explain why it takes them 15 minutes to declare some trifecta dividends.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1509

When I ask a simple question I expect a civil answer, not sarcasm thank you very much.

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
    I've walked and I crawled on six crooked highways
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2003

I presume that whoever placed this bet would have to have had the balance and/or credit line to cover it.

It would be up to Fred to do his due diligence on credit lines in advance. If there are any problems with Fred getting the money then that would be his problem not the winners’.

indocine
    • Total Posts 489

I do know one thing about it, that for £14.50/mo online, you’re not entitled to a single word about it from RP.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I do know one thing about it, that for £14.50/mo online, you’re not entitled to a single word about it from RP.

Interesting indeed – I had it on good authority they were planning to run with the story and explanation on Monday but it seems to have been spiked.

If I were being cynical I would possibly muse they running scared of upsetting a major advertiser – but then again I’m never cynical :wink:

The Racing Post have probably been gelded by the same parties who gelded the BHA.

indocine
    • Total Posts 489

Interesting indeed – I had it on good authority they were planning to run with the story and explanation on Monday but it seems to have been spiked.

I think it was on front page of print edition, just that cheap online subs are not worthy enough.

tontoe
    • Total Posts 24

The racing post thinks it was an overseas online customer who instead of putting £120.00 forgot to put in the dot and so it became £12000. The dividend is correct for anyone lucky eneough to have got it. :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

If I were being cynical I would possibly muse they running scared of upsetting a major advertiser – but then again I’m never cynical :wink:

The Racing Post have probably been gelded by the same parties who gelded the BHA.

Just bumping this.

Anyone know anything??

Mike

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Just bumping this.

Anyone know anything??

Mike

Only what has been hinted at previously – namely some far eastern punter managed to put the decimal point in the wrong place when staking his bet.

Although after what was said at the "Leaders In Racing" conference this afternoon about some far eastern bookmakers illegally settling at Tote Dividends – I suppose the question does arise as to whether there was some deliberate manipulation but that seems a very risky tactic.

indocine
    • Total Posts 489

Although after what was said at the "Leaders In Racing" conference this afternoon…

Andy Hornby Coral’s CEO speaking at "Leaders In Racing" — "We can now boot winners in under 72 hours and our managers can spoon coffee granules and squirt Toilet Duck faster that industry standards."

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2003

I fear the toilet duck was one of the first things to go under Hornby’s cost-cutting measures:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -DAYS.html

Viewing 13 posts - 18 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.