The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Weird placepot payout at Chester

Home Forums Horse Racing Weird placepot payout at Chester

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

Just noticed that the Chester placepot paid out £6600+ from a pool of over £1.5million.

Surely that can’t be right at a standard Saturday meeting, even Cheltenham doesn’t get pools that big.

I’m just gutted that I didn’t get it up, got 5/6 as is always the way.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

That is weird. Not a difficult placepot either looking at the results

PLACEPOT £6,671.60 to a £1 stake.
    Pool: £1587948.80 – 173.75 winning tickets

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

It will be interesting if whoever has been manipulating the pools is now doing the placepot and could lead to more freakish dividends, maybe worth keeping an eye on the pools before the 1st race

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Managed to crack the Market Rasen PP today :D

Didn’t quite pay enough to retire on though :)

The Chester one was far from easy, imo, but agree that the divi was higher than one would expect.

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

Managed to crack the Market Rasen PP today :D

Didn’t quite pay enough to retire on though :)

The Chester one was far from easy, imo, but agree that the divi was higher than one would expect.

It wasn’t that the dividend was high it was the fact that the pool was over £1.5million !!! That is more than double the pool at the Cheltenham festival and 10 times the Newmarket pool today.

Why and where would someone put so much into a meeting that wasn’t even on C4 and was 4th in importance today ?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Oh right, never even bothered checking out that info :oops:

Interesting.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1400

It’s been yonks since I’ve done a placepot. Got 5 out of 6 many times but it was always the horse who I expected to get placed was the one that let me down. Sod’s law!

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Deleted

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

It will be interesting if whoever has been manipulating the pools is now doing the placepot and could lead to more freakish dividends, maybe worth keeping an eye on the pools before the 1st race

My information is no manipulation involved but some very severe fourth degree burns to some fingers.

chalk jockey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

That is very strange,I would think they have put more than a million in the placepot,by the time the tote takes nearly 30% there would only be there own money left.
    I hope the full story comes out.

If you go to back a certainty always buy a return ticket.

Dferg74
    • Total Posts 1

I’m happy to say that I got Chester placepot up for 80p. I am totally bemused by the pool and the payout. So much so that I still don’t think that my winnings of £5,330 are not going to make it to my bank. I’ve been checking around regularly but can find no sign of whatever caused it.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I hope the full story comes out.

It should be in tomorrows papers

rob2005
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Nothing in tomorrow’s (Monday) iPad version of the racing post.

On twitter the editor says they are investigating it though

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

Paul

You are building us an intriguing web of mystery here – subtle innuendo, taciturn ‘contacts’, deleted posts…

It’s not Professor Plum in the Library with the Lead Piping is it?

Mike

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Paul

You are building us an intriguing web of mystery here – subtle innuendo, taciturn ‘contacts’, deleted posts…

It’s not Professor Plum in the Library with the Lead Piping is it?

Mike

Not really – someone else has the story and I don’t want to pi$$ on their parade

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

There’ll certainly be mixed feelings (defined by one wag as watching your mother-in-law drive over a cliff in your new Rolls) at the Tote who copped £428,746 from it.

Whoever’s behind it maybe mistook it for the scoop6 :)

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2003

The tote would only cop 428k if it was a retail customer betting directly with them.

This bet was submitted by remote control by a 12 foot tall lizard, who views the soul of the average British shop punter as junk food, via a betting hub on an uninhabited volcanic island somewhere in the vicinity of the Pacific. So I very much doubt the rack rate was paid.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.