The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wednesday 9th August

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Wednesday 9th August

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Just the 2yo races again for me today:

2:30N 1pt Heywood

3:00N 1pt Tawnybrack – big fan of stable for 2yo and this one is nicely bred. Grand Art looks the danger.

2:40B 3pts Free Offer – Is probably a bit short for me, but as the RP has opposed it, it might drift to a backable price.

4:20P 1pt Karoo Blue – Shaped promisingly on debut. Roclette is the danger

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

That Pontefract race looks very interesting. Ebn Reem and Rocklette set a pretty stiff standard, The Hills filly found stamina stretched in a decent Newbury event (winner successful in listed company since) and will be suited by return to 6f. The Ryan and Johnston newcomers look very interesting as well bred horses with big entries. However they are going do have to be useful to get off the mark and any sign of greeness will likely find them out. I might well backed Rocklette at around 7/2.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Am surprised Domino Dancer is is trading at 7.8 on betfair. It’s hard to pin down what he actually achieved at Carlisle, but the time is pretty good and there is every reason to expect more over an extra 1f.

Heywood has been well supported but I couldn’t back it at 2/1. He looks more exposed than DD, hasn’t always impressed with his attitude, idling and acrrying his head awkwardly last time, and the form of his win last time hardly received a boost with the runner-up getting turned over in a relatively weak maiden at Windsor last time.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

The only opposition to Free Offer was a N/R meaning it was sent off at 1/5.

Loss 2.4pts

I hope your day was better than mine DJ:(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.