The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wealth Warning 2024

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Wealth Warning 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

A bit of money around for Witch Hunter this morning… I couldn’t go in too strong with the going combined with the distance but I’m sure he’s on par with these on his day and wasn’t given the best of rides at Haydock.
    Apricot Ice is one I had a little success with taking on and backing and she runs a winnable race at the Curragh. Its a little unknown in taking on the older horses but I think she’ll get top 3 so including her in a double with Witch Finder… :scratch:

11/2 Witch Hunter – Criterion (BOG)
    11/10 Apricot Ice – Top 3 Finish / 13:45 Curragh

DOUBLE £3.00

-£50.00

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Blue Stocking returned £28.76

Tunbridge Wells has come in for support for the Railway.. He looked green on debut and not overly convincing last time out at a short price. I’m sure he can improve again but I’ll just be watching..

One I have had a fiver on is Los Angeles in the Irish Derby.. I was going to do a double with City of Troy ages ago as he looked Eclipse bound leaving this open for Los Angeles with the market not fully aware. I had a few doubts but the going has fell right for him at present

11/8 Los Angeles – Irish Derby £5.00

-£26.24

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Los Angeles returned £11.88

The Actor ran no sort of a race at Royal Ascot… On the face of it he was a big enough drifter on the day considering his previous form and trainer confidence. This is a smaller select field and back down to 5f is worth a small bash

7/2 The Actor – Dragon Stakes £4.66

-£19.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

City of Troy returned £210.00

City of Troy didn’t set the world alight but I think more is being made of his performance considering the going and fact he didn’t settle 100% behind a pace I thought Hans Anderson would have made stronger. Maybe they thought the horse would cope better with the going off slower fractions? I don’t know
    Still hes done me a favour and could be a backable price where ever they go next…
    Thank you to ginger for pointing out the price early enough for me to jump on when I was looking at the classic
    In the blue baby… :yahoo: :yahoo:

+£191.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 33006

You’re welcome, Nathan.
    Good to see you in a healthy profit. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Think she would have been even closer in the Albany if ran on merit opposed to setting things up for Fairy Godmother. Mountain Breeze’s form hasn’t worked out.. Something could be lurking in the field but I’m a fan of the O’Brien horse now with Moore on board

2/1 Heaven’s Gate – Duchess Of Cambridge Stakes £10.00

+£181.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I’m not convinced 6f is ideal but he is quick, has a long stride and should have a pace to aim at
    Looks much more relaxed than he did at Royal Ascot

7/1 River Tiber – July Cup £5.00

+£175.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Has been running in the same races as Grateful and despite being not far behind that one was a lot stronger in the market. Grateful has gone on to win a decent little group 3.
    The second favourite tonight also ran in a Mother Nature/Grateful race and may improve for that run but has a lot to make up, was a short price on debut so not without a chance but I’m all over Mother Nature tonight

10/11 Mother Nature – 7.25 Killarney Fillies Maiden £15.00

+£160.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

20p rule 4

Mother Nature returned £25.91

Look a bit green around one of the bends but never looked in trouble don’t the straight

+£185.91

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Tarawa was much better for a second outing at this course and distance and with Diego stepping down in trip with no pacemaker I’d fancy her to beat him for pace

2/1 Tarawa – Weld Stakes 6.50 Leopardstown £5.91

+£180.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Kings Gambit to make amends for Royal Ascot.. 3 y/o weight concession looks big enough for him to take advantage.. has looked strong at back end of races this year so I’m not worried about the course.. Passenger heads the market but has missed races already before now and they are still to commit

4/1 Kings Gambit – York Stakes £10.00

+£170.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Emily Upjohn ran well enough in Ireland and Gosden said she needed runs so is a big danger but the weight allowance and step up in trip I’ve gone for Opera Singer.. She ran a blinder on reappearance and was only beaten at Royal Ascot by a very good one. That race was also on decent going and even the distance here is somewhat negated by the ease of the course.

11/4 Opera Singer – Nassau £20.00

+£150.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Opera Singer returned £75.00

Glad Opera Singer had her day.. I thought she was going too soon but has plenty of determination.

+£225.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Just a small bet on the listed race tonight.. January finished 3rd in a group 2 last time out and also not far behind Heaven’s Gate on debut which was a decent run. Won a race in between and this looks well within range

1/1 January – 6.25 Tipperary £5.00

+£220.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

January returned £10.00

Taking on the front two in the market. Inspiral has it all to prove after a few terrible efforts. Jockey aside she could be passed her best. Too short anyway… Charyn was good in the Queen Anne but has beaten up horses like Witch Hunter etc in doing so
    The likely up and comers are Haatem and Quddwah… I was expecting Quddwah to be nearly favourite for this. He didn’t beat much last time out but look a beast with a lot of potential to improve.
    Rosallion would be fav if running here and Haatem has run well behind him on a couple of occasions..

9/2 Quddwah – Jacques le Marois £5.00
    7/1 Haatem – Jacques le Marois £5.00

+£220.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Haatem Non Runner stake returned

Classic has run better than results suggest this season. Weather killed him and when he got his going found trouble in running. A small field will help but he’ll want to settle if they go a slower pace.

11/4 Classic – 6.50 Newmarket Friday £5.00

+£220.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Some fine opponents taking on City of Troy but I believe Aidan will have him primed for this.. the going and track will suit and he is quick enough himself anyway but will need to use his stamina too
    cracking race in prospect

11/8 City of Troy – International £20.00

+£200.00

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.