The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wealth Warning 2024

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Wealth Warning 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I’m not convinced River Tiber will stay a mile and its his seasonal reappearance, needs to prove he’s trained on too as looked a forward two year old last year.

7/5 Haatem to win match bet with River Tiber £5.00

-£45.00

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Rosallion returned £57.00
    Haatem match bet v River Tiber returned £12.00
    Haatem without Rosallion returned £21.00

+£45.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I nearly had my pants pulled down by River Tiber, that was a very good run and looks solid for a race like the Jersey with his stride on the long straight. I’m holding fire as he has other options but I’d expect him to go for that one.
    One O’Brien horse I have backed is Opera Singer for the Coronation Stakes. First run after a setback was always going to be hard especially in a group 1 against race fit opposition. She was an eye catcher though, drawn wide and will improve for that. Potentially a class act going off her two year old form.
    Always a bonus when the shop are top price. It gives me a stroll and lets me offload some pound coins the old dears give me for cleaning their windows and Keeps the brain active showing the cashier how to find the race I’m looking for. Almost worth the stake that… :-)

4/1 Opera Singer – Coronation Stakes £5.00

+£40.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Made an interesting debut last year in 3rd behind Aidan’s Brilliant where the ground made from the 5f to 6f marker was very eye-catching. National Lady’s next two runs was up in the van and ran with credit. All runs over 7f and on the face of it the drop down to 6f may do the trick. Both jockey and trainer high up on the Fairyhouse stats.

11/8 National Lady – 7.30 Fairyhouse 3 y/o plus Maiden £5.00

+£35.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

National Lady returned £11.88

That was more comfortable than I expected

+£46.88

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Is Feed the Flame being underestimated?
    yes, yes he is

66/1 Feed The Flame – Prix de l’arc de Triomphe £5.00

Plenty short enough for the Coronation Cup as a small field and possible slow pace which would put Feed the Flame at a positional disadvantage… Still not withstanding he could actually win and therefore another small bet on the Arc has been place. As if a fiver on at 66’s wasn’t enough..
    If he wins the Arc I’ll get a Feed the Flame tattoo.. :rose:

40/1 Feed The Flame – Prix de l’arc de Triomphe £1.88

+£45.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Richard Hannon tends to have one ready for the Woodcote
    New Charter was 2nd behind Mountain Breeze on debut about 2 and a half lengths, okay that horse could have won further if allowed but also worth noting she had the benefit of a run and is current fav for the Albany
    The Woodcote has over half the field that have either Led, disputed the lead or raced prominently so the race could shape up into New Charter’s favour as she did her best work late coming from off the pace
    I’m sacrificing the price a little in favour of sky bets offer of money back in cash if 2nd or 3rd

7/4 New Charter – Woodcote £10.00

Money Back in Cash if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd

+£35.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Horse got badly sandwiched at the start

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

A very small bet on Emily Upjohn for Royal Ascot. On her best the price is too good to be true, so maybe one to tip away at whilst feeling the vibes. Today’s race was against her with the make up of the race and Gosden saying she was in need of the run.

10/1 Emily Upjohn – Hardwicke £2.00

+£33.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

*WEALTH WARNING ALERT*

The Wealth Warning threads have been around since time began and the next post will be a first .. :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Never in the history of the wealth warning threads has their ever been a jumps race included, let a lone a Hunters Chase one… :rose:

But a winner is a winner and this is the winner of the pointtopoint.co.uk Champion Novices’ Hunters’ Chase
    The best thing about this race is that they level weights bar the mare that gets a couple off
    Iskandar Pecos is odds on but rightfully so… He’s in great form as are the yard with Williewonga bolting up at Cartmel the other day who had been working with this one. He’s the best horse in the field, the one with the most likeliest improvement for the step up in trip. Master Templar will get the trip for sure but will get done for speed on this track whereas Forest Chimes looks to have more speed but may not last home

4/6 Iskandar Pecos – 7.05 Stratford £13.00

+£20.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

1st and last time the Thread will be playing over jumps… :rose:
    Forest Chimes stayed well enough but won it with speed

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Trainer in good recent form.. If Hamish was in this race he’d be going off favourite judging by his run in the Coronation Cup. Al Qareem ran him close in 2 of his last 3 runs. French racing can be slowly run and this one thrives from a steady, dictating from the front. Going looks in his favour, if you can trust the French stick. Both Junko and Dubai Honour have good bits of form, very good but at the prices I think Al Qareem is the pick

7/1 Al Qareem – Grand Prix de Chantilly £5.00

+£15.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Ghostwriter didn’t quite finish in the guineas but he had some very good horses infront of him.
    Ran over a mile as a two year old so you’d think the distance will be no issue especially with the going turning in his favour. Slight concerns if they go slow he may not settle but worth a go at 5’s
    Diego impressed me in the French guineas but the going but still not 100% sure on him

5/1 Ghostwriter – Prix du Jockey Club £5.00

+£10.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Done a couple for the Commonwealth… Bucanero Fuerte was most impressive at this trip as a two year, I never thought of him as a 7f horse. He drifted on seasonal reappearance with talk of needing the run but still won beating a solid horse in Givemethebeatboys. Vandeek was a monster two year old and if you can forgive him the last run where again maybe in need of the run on terrible ground you could expect leaps of improvement. Its a strong looking race but I can’t see past these two

6/1 Vandeek – Commonwealth Cup £5.00
    8/1 Bucanero Fuerte – Commonwealth Cup £5.00

+£0.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Aidan and the team have conned me into thinking City of Troy can win the Breeders cup Classic
    I’ll just be happy if he runs in it.. :scratch:

8/1 City of Troy – Breeders’ Cup Classic 2024 £5.00

-£5.00

Participant
    • Total Posts 33006

Forget the Breeders Cup Nathan
    Get on City Of Troy now for the Eclipse!
    8/1 with Bet365 won’t last long.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.