The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wassily Kandinsky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Young Mick
    • Total Posts 203

I was reading the site last night and read a post about O’Brien juveniles. One name stuck in my head and it was this horse. This morning when I went tot he betting shop I was looking at some prices and low and behold I saw the name.. At 9/4 I had a small bet on it and took the price. Just turned on ATR and it was 4/1! I thought it ran a good race and will be backing it next time out. What do you lot think about the horse. I thought it ran on very well and will surely get off the mark next time out.

Still, he better… he owes me money <!– s:cry: –>:cry:<!– s:cry: –>

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I think it was DJ that said in another thread that O’Briens juveniles seem to be improving as they race this season. He looks to have a very nice set of juvenile fillies and colts again this year from what we have seen so far.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

It was me that was getting excited about him but he didn’t look to have learnt anything at all from his debut. He still looks pretty clueless and needs plenty of organising. I’d imagine in the short term he’ll do best on a track where there is a wide long straight so he had plenty of time to find his stride. It’s probably a little harsh but it’s possible he could be somewhat temperamental.

Young Mick
    • Total Posts 203

Well DJ harsh it may be but you’ve probably saved me another score…

I didn’t see his first run so I have no means of comparison. Thanks for the update though… :wink:

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I concur with DJ’s post though I’m prepared to give the horse the benefit of the doubt at this stage. There looks to be quite a lot of ability in the locker.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The 2008 Derby winner runs in another Galway maiden this afternoon. No excuses today I think.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

The 2008 Derby winner runs in another Galway maiden this afternoon. No excuses today I think.

Can any excuses be made after that performance DJ? It wasn’t a bad performance, though a shade disappointing. The horse got stopped slightly at a crucial stage but still had enough real estate to grab the winner once in the clear, but failed to do so.

He definitely looks a bit tempremental and no doubt will be a much better 3 year old, but whether he is a Derby winner has to be seriously questioned at this stage.

Mike

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

sorry DJ, he looked like a bit of a plodder in the making to me.
    How about the 4.50 winner at Leicester today? a name change might be useful though. :lol:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The fact he’s still on and off the bridle so much suggests to me temperament is probably as much a factor as greenness after three starts. Whilst I maintain he’s more than good enough to win a race, and that todays conditions (slow pace, tightish track) probably didn’t play to his strengths, he’s not one to be lumping on at 6/4 in similar company.

Can’t really see Epsom suiting either after today so looks like the Leger will be the most logical plan!:P

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

………or the Triumph, perhaps! :wink:

Colin

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Wassily Kandinsky runs today in a one-mile nursery at Gowran. His mark looks fair, even potentially lenient on what a couple of the runners in close proximity to his have done since on his debut run, and the galloping testing nature of this track should suit much more tha Galway.

Only trouble is he’s been put in favourite. His performance is eagerly anticipated!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

He’s a hound.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

…who possibly should have won that?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

His downfall continues to be of his own making imo Prufrock. Again he’s wanted to duck in behind his rivals and though he was again finishing well, the race was again all but over. Maybe he’ll be better over middle distances next year but he won’t carry my cash again.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

he won’t carry my cash again.

Oh no, you didn’t did you?!?

He certainly did hang in behind, but I thought Fallon took far too long to switch him outside early in the straight, by which time the winner had swept past him.

Not suggesting that it was a "non-jigger" as some numpty on Betfair was suggesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.