The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Warwick Tommorow!

Home Forums Horse Racing Warwick Tommorow!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Hi people, im off to Warwick tommorow, i was wondering of any of you fancy anyhting there?
    Thanks
    TOAOTMC

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

The castle would be nice.

No idea, havent looked at the card, but have a great day.

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Haha, thanks and you mate, have a good new year

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I haven’t had a look at the card either, but I will be in attendance (diary cleared to enable it about two hours ago!), breaking in some new binoculars ahead of some pointing assignments in the coming weeks.

First visit to the track for me since May 2004 – don’t think viewing from the cheapo stands has improved that much in the interim, has it!

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

I think Hazeljack has an excellent each-way chance in the staying handicap chase at 3:10.

(This race boils down to a very few likely contenders in my eyes, of which Blunham Hill is looking increasingly inconsistent, Foly Pleasant is getting too old and might not be in the best yard ever, and Ironside is ok but up in the weights)

Whatever happens, hope you enjoy your day out! 8)

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Not a very inspiring card to be honest.

Jeremy – Warwick is now a single enclosure on the stands side, but viewing is still poor. Probably something to do with the fundamental design flaw of having a ruddy great hill in the middle of the course.

I hope to be there as well, but will decide at the last minute – can’t decide if staying indoors or getting some fresh air will be best for my cold!!!

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Well, it was a great day out to be fair, not bad weather, could of been a bit brighter.
    My form altogether was 4311472
    Evens overall, so was a good day i surpose

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

A fine day at the races all in all, albeit one not evidently pregnant with future winners of good races. The Column cash stayed squarely in the pocket, what with me not having studied the form to any great degree the night before.

Great to meet up with you again, Paul, and I hope you had the e/w tickle on Hazeljack, NV.

Celebrity-spotters will have seen former Sportsman chairman Jeremy Deedes handing out some of the prizes (we didn’t get round to chatting), and Radio 5 Live’s Mark Pougatch (plus infant daughter) sharing the commentary box with John Hunt.

What a rum old assortment. Whatever next – point-to-point racing from Larkhill called by Cloudesley Marsham, Derek Jameson and Bella Emberg? :D

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Yes it was a good afternoon and one of the biggest crowds I have seen in a while at Warwick.

Well done oneandonly – you had a better afternoon than I did – I managed one short price winner, but Iconoclast going ass over tit really did my money then Foly Pleasant just missing a place was rubbing salt in the wound.

That loose horse was getting a bit worrying towards the end – I think it may have been the first time blinkers that freaked her out. I still cannot understand the logic of standing in front of the horse frantically waving arms and jackets in an attempt to stop it – it very rarely seems to work. Do any of our stable staff Forumites have any thoughts on that one? If nothing else I think it can be said the horse stays and she seems OK over fences – I’ll put her in my book for the 2009 National :lol:

Cloudesley Marsham – now there’s a name from the past. there was a race in his honour at Plumpton earlier this season – celebrating his his 90th birthday – if I’m half as fit as he is on my 90th I will be really chuffed.

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Well, i was saying to my friend today that i was going to watch out fr the horse for the grand national! :D
    Waving your hands in front of a horse haha. I agree there mate, well glad you had a good day anyway and have a good new year :)
    TOAOTMC

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

Shame I didnt see the thread earlier. Would have been nice to (finally)catch up again Jeremy (and Paul as well evidently)! Anyone going back for the Tote Sport later this month?

It was certainly one of the largest crouds I’ve seen there for a while (the queue for a cup of tea was shocking!)
    Keith

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Shame I didnt see the thread earlier. Would have been nice to (finally)catch up again Jeremy (and Paul as well evidently)! Anyone going back for the Tote Sport later this month?

‘Fraid not, Keith – I’ll be prepping for some radio work the day after (especially frantically if all the turf action gets snowed off…). I’d be interested in lobbing a few bob at Arnold Layne if he turns out again, with ground evidently not an issue with him judged on his defeat of three subsequent winners (and near-miss The Gangerman) in bottomless over the Tote Sport Classic C&D a few weeks ago.

It was certainly one of the largest crouds I’ve seen there for a while (the queue for a cup of tea was shocking!)

As also noted by Andrew King in the Post today! The provision really doesn’t come up to scratch next to the Fontwells and Windsors of this world.

gc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.