The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Walsh / McCoy

Home Forums Horse Racing Walsh / McCoy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

AP states that the three day was much better. A racing man.

Ruby is in favour of a 5 day festival. A bookies man.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 985

I see AP,s point regarding not seeing evoi vs shiskin but we,ll see it 1 day , 4 days is perfect

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

No its not, not if you like competitive racing anyway.

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 773

Generally speaking, when it comes to televised racing generally, the mute button is my best friend.

But it sounds like the better jockey of the two has called it right – the three-day Festival was better.

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

The likes of ‘Hedidntlikegound’ seemingly think its “perfect” that Shishkin and Envoi Allen avoid each other.

admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 766

A four day festival works I think but I’d trim it to 6 races a day.
    cormack

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Something needs changing. And its not more bloody Grade 1’s. Getting top NH horses to race one another is becoming like Boxing.

shipithollabolla
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 129

Amusing that the OP doesn’t think William Hill brand ambassador Tony McCoy is a “bookies man” as well.

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1025

Must admit that it was sad to see the great AP’s mug splashed on the FOBTs a few years ago

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 985

Tatling the trainer’s/owners decide where the horses go , you do realise that shiskin is running at 2 miles and envoi 2m 3f ,each playing to there strengths , that’s not the Cheltenham organisers fault , I expect to see shiskin in the champ chase next year and envoi in the GC so we are unlikely to run against each other at chelt ….I’m struggling to understand your point

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 773

Back in the day, when you only had the 2m Arkle and the 3m SunAlliance, and only had the 2m Champion Chase and the 3m2f Gold Cup, you didn’t get horses avoiding each other like they do now.

The proliferation of pattern events generally over Jumps means many good horses don’t go to Cheltenham at all and also robs provincial racetracks of getting big-name horses shouldering top weight in Handicaps too inbetween times – the 1982 and 1983 Gold Cup winners had their prep races at Market Rasen and Hereford respectively.

Those were the days.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

My own view is that a 4 day , 6 race meeting would be preferable.
    I don’t see the problem personally either with having a 2 and a half mile championship race.
    I used to feel really sorry for horses like Very Promising back in the day , who never really had his day in the sun. There is a heck of a difference between racing over 2 miles and 3 miles 2 furlongs.

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4162

Three days and seven races each day. Put in Friday, Saturday and Sunday so people working only have to take half a day off and betting turnover and prize money would be more also. Stick the Midlands National till the next weekend.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.