The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wakey Wakey Aidan

Home Forums Horse Racing Wakey Wakey Aidan

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Wading out to 33/1 on the exchanges. Listen wouldn’t it be nice if you actually confirmed what was happening rather than waiting for someone to ask? After all you were really helpful in advising punters that Camelot might not run in the 2000 Guineas.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

His loyalty is surely to the owners, not joe punter.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

On the contrary I do believe his loyalty is totally to Joseph,his son.Were his loyalty to his owners he would not drive the greatest jockeys in the world away from his yard.

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 421

To be honest, I want Camelot to run and Joseph to take the ride. That means with nothing from SMS, Ryan Moore should be on Power.

That’ll do me.

itsawar
    • Total Posts 213

You can’t knock him for that, he has every right to deceive the public, If the public believes everything he says word for word. Personally, I don’t think Camelot is the one, but thats just my opinion.

itsawar
    • Total Posts 213

You can’t knock him for that, he has every right to deceive the public, If the public believes everything he says word for word. Personally, I don’t think Camelot is the one, but thats just my opinion.

itsawar
    • Total Posts 213

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

You’ll get nothing out of O’Brien until Tabor and the boys have their prices got.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Aidan said he was keeping one eye on the Guineas for Camelot.Remember a few years ago when Holy Roman Emperor was rushed to stud?Aidan said he was his guineas horse and had been laid out from the day he ended his tyo career.Hardly the "one eye on the Guineas"approach. Any wonder he has not won a classic for many years.I would not back any Ballydoyle horse while Joseph is the feedback Aidan is relying on.Not enough experience to judge Guineas or Derby material.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I’m sure Camelot will run in the 2,000 Gns. Didn’t Aidan more or less say that during an interview at the Curragh on sunday. His price has contracted somewhat over the weekend. I heard Matt Chapman say on ATR that " a friend " had visited Ballydoyle and was told by AOB that Camelot could be the best three year old colt he’s ever trained. Didn’t he say that about St. Nicholas Abbey too ? :?

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28423

That would mean something H, if Aidan didn’t say the same thing about two or three horses in his yard every year.

Though what is more telling is Ladbrokes offering a much shorter price than any other bookmaker. Mike Dillon is in the know. :wink:

Camalot is a silly price, but the opposition is pretty poor. Saw Top Offer in the pre-parade ring on Saturday. Beautiful looking animal, no doubt he’s going to make a good 3 year old eventually. But he’s only had one run so far. In form terms has to improve around 2 stones in one go. That’s a big ask.
    Most Improved is well thought of, but got beat in the Dewhurst and met with a setback. Double the price on exchanges than some bookmakers.
    Born To Sea is exceptionally well bred, good looking sort who put up an encouraging debut. But hasn’t run since a slight injury on only second start. So yet to put up a performance of Group 1 standard.
    So this is more like a hype race than about form. Camalot may not have much to beat.
    Trumpet Major is the value bet for me. Craven wasn’t a great field, but he did win by 5 lengths giving 3 lbs to all his rivals. Close 5th in Dewhurst, having to go wide to challenge in a race which didn’t suit those coming from rear. 14/1 on betfair looks worth taking, although possibly an each way bet is safer.
    Abtaal and French Fifteen can hardly be split both in races or the betting, which suggests neither is top class.
    Power has good form, but possibly has less improvement in him than most. Parish Hall is thought more of a Derby hope and Casper Netcher a doubtful stayer.
    Do like Fencing, interupted preparation before good placed effort behind Camalot in the Racing Post. One of the best looking 2 year olds I saw last season. Was going to run in Greenham, but taken out and now over 50/1 on betfair. Doubtful starter?

So what has Camalot got to beat?

Value Is Everything
    Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

So what has Camalot got to beat?

Not a lot as I see it. In fact, I fancy an AOB Guineas double – Camelot and Maybe.

This year’s 2,000gns has shades of Nijinksy and Zafonic about it. One stand out colt at a short price against weaker opposition and sprinters. In short, a penalty kick !

I like Fencing too; he has potential, but I see him more as a French Guineas prospect. The Hannon horse, Trumpet Major, I just can’t have. Beat a bunch of tiring and half fit horses in the Craven.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

itsawar
    • Total Posts 213

Though what is more telling is Ladbrokes offering a much shorter price than any other bookmaker. Mike Dillon is in the know. :wink:

Ladbrokes are always tighter, perhaps the worst bookmaker going

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28423

Hardly Itsawar,
    Of the "big 4" bookmakers, Ladbrokes are top or equal top price on 7 of the front 10 in the betting. Corals 2 in 10, William Hills 4 in 10, Tote 5 in 10.

Value Is Everything
    itsawar
    • Total Posts 213

yes but on an ongoing basis it surprises no one that they are being tighter that others on one or any market in racing

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

To revert to the original subject which appears to have been lost. Despite being around third favourite post Rockfel and no indication given that she wouldn’t run Wading has been taken out of the Guineas. O’Brien is instead responsible for three others who appear to have absolutely no chance.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Thomasgainborough ran today in the Derby trial at Epsom,Joseph rode.Ballydoyle is now getting Joseph,not the horses ready for the Derby. The farce continues at Ballydoyle.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.