The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Visindar

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

When considering what Fabre is running this year it is worth noting that he is half forced to run 12f horses at Epsom nowadays after the reduction in distance of the Prix du Jockey Club. Perhaps he would rather send a horse to Epsom than see it messed around over a crawl at 10.5f and suffer a similar fate as Hurricane Run.

BTW, Visindar 6/4 Ladbrokes. Any takers? THEY KNOW!!!!!:o

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Isnt the general view that HN "hasnt bgrown much" over the winter? If so, that allied to poor guineas run (and it was poor when you look at some that finished aroundhim) i would not be interested at all

Jackane…AOB is a nice fellow and fine trainer and each year seems to communicate a little better… But few on here would say that every statement coming out of Ballydoyle should be taken at face value. They are a hard nosed business and their statements will always have one eye on the breeding market. In some ways, you have to apprecaite that . but I can name  a few trainers more likely  to tell you exactly how it is

AOB away from Ballydoyle would be a different matter im sure

threenaps
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

<br>I’m definately leaning towards Septimus, by Sadlers Wells out of a Darshaan mare. <br>He should like York just like Islington did and Epsom just like High Chaperral did.Hopefully a galloping colt for galloping tracks.We’ll see on Thursday.<br>Linda’s Lad might be better at further,by Sadlers Wells out of an Alleged mare, like Brian Boru perhaps.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8818

I was very disappointed by HN’s Guineas run and there was nothing at all in that running to suggest future Derby winner. Of course, they could have left plenty to work on but I’d say it would be highly unusual for a horse to come on as much as he has to from that effort in order to win a Derby six weeks later. Hats off to them if they manage it, they’re the boys to do it if it can be done. <br>I honestly doubt that, while he may not have been totally 100% match fit, he was as unfit on Guineas day as his run appeared to indicate. Surely if there was that much left to work with they’d have left him a week or two and ran him in Ireland.<br>It was a poor effort whatever the cause and hardly the type of prep you’d be looking for in a Derby 2nd Fav.

Longchamp Lad
    • Total Posts 35

Just done the times for St-Cloud yesterday. Visindar was seriously fast. Well up to Group 1. Not bad for a horse that just had to be pushed out.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Visindar is far too short a price for a horse who’s most unlikely to stay beyond 10f.

Of course, 10f horses have won the Derby before, but generally it pays to look for one who’ll get the trip.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Visindar is 6/4 in some places isn’t he? :o

Sorry, but that is utterly ridiculous for what he’s achieved to date especially when he’s not a nailed on certainty to get the trip.

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

He will most likely take the same 3 year old route as Dalakhani did minus the French derby now over 10f’s for the English instead, and onto the irish derby Niel and finish off with the arc.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I don’t think the trip will be a problem. He took a while to pick up yesterday and was going away at the finish.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Of course, 10f horses have won the Derby before, but generally it pays to look for one who’ll get the trip.

Which were they, as a matter of interest? <br>

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from The Market Man on 6:08 pm on May 16, 2006[br]Visindar is 6/4 in some places isn’t he? :o

Sorry, but that is utterly ridiculous for what he’s achieved to date especially when he’s not a nailed on certainty to get the trip. <br>

<br>Tend to agree Prufrock, but there is not much around as viable opposition at the moment, one that has possibilities  is Papal Bull,  i don’t think Chester played to his strengths, his run prior impressed me and i think there could be a lot more to come

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Prufrock, of Derby winners that I’ve seen, I’d say that Sir Ivor, Roberto and Benny The Dip were horses best suited by 10f.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Thanks.

Epsom’s mile and a half is one of the stiffest in the country, however.

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

really………..not very stiff so if the likes of Lester Pigott was quick to realise Sir Ivor wouldnt get home at the Curragh.

SHL

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from SirHarryLewis on 1:32 am on May 18, 2006[br]really………..not very stiff so if the likes of Lester Pigott was quick to realise Sir Ivor wouldnt get home at the Curragh.

But then you could argue that El Gran Senor got home better at the Curragh than at Epsom.

I dunno, one or two horses best at 10f have won the Derby but generally I’ve always thought of Epsom’s 12f as pretty stiff.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.