The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Virtual Grand National 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Virtual Grand National 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Well, I would have gone for Defintely Red (14/1), Kimberlite Candy (16/1) and Acapella Bourgeois (33/1). So I will give it a go with them.

MoyenneCornicheMoyenneCorniche
    Participant
    • Total Posts 127

Just Definitely Red for me. I was going to back him in the real thing so why not on the cartoons as well.

I heard he had a canter at Steepledowns the other day which went well.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9507

Have my 4 now all each way at big prices…

BRISTOL DE MAI :heart:
    YALA ENKI
    ELEGANT ESCAPE
    VINTAGE CLOUDS

Hoping they don’t make Vintage Clouds fall in the early stages as he did last year.. :wacko: taking a chance he will thrive on his virtual experience. ;-)

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2615

As much as you can’t be confident in a virtual race, I’ve gone round my accounts getting as much on Kimberlite Candy as possible.

Fits all the trends for this. The ideal virtual national horse.

Small bets Kildisart and Top Ville Ben at 50/1 and 45/1 each way.

Kimberlite Candy at 16/1 will bolt up

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17050

I was always betting Any Second Now, so he’s the selection for me at 10’s.

I reckon they’ll get a want a story out of this, so I’ll go with Burrows Saint ahead of Tiger Roll, at 12’s.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11

I will stay loyal to Kimberlite Candy at 16-1

At 20-1 my second selection is Elegant Escape

Good luck everybody, it’s nice to have a welcome distraction with this.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7826

It’s interesting that they’ve put Brian Hughes on Definitely Red even though Brian Ellison said he wouldn’t have been riding him. Perhaps they wanted the champion jockey to ride the winner?? Anyway I wanted Definitely Red to win. I’m sure I backed Any Second Now at a good price so can’t back him the price he is now. Still impressed with Ballyoptics last run so he’s backed again. And Yala Enki. Talkischeap. As with the real race I’ve had multiple bets as usual! Oh, and the Pipe horse; I was really expecting a good run from him….

Kifill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 121

Valtor got round well enough last year with the equivalent of several cement mixers strapped to his back. He is off much more of a racing weight this time, ought to finish a fair bit closer, and is a good each-way proposition at a big price. His stablemate Beware the Bear looks the right type for the race and is a tempting price. Yes, Henderson’s record in the race does bother me a little!

I hope the programmers have been improving the virtual race’s ability to handle the quirks and foibles of the individual horses; a couple of years ago we were treated to the hallucinogenic sight of Lord Windermere leading the National field over the first Canal turn.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7826

The sight of Lord Windermere winning the Gold Cup is equally hallucinogenic and led to me backing him in every race afterwards; thank goodness he isn’t in this years….

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 603

My two AP bets were Tiger Roll (of course!) and Elegant Escape, and I’ve also had something on Kimerlite Candy and Total Recall.

Let’s hope they all come home safe and sound.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7826

Being a bit picky here but Jack Tudor is down to ride Potters Corner. I thought he was still a claimer so not allowed to ride in the race?

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 364

I spent months backing def red for the real thing , also backed burrow saint and kildisart e.w ….this will prob be the only time I’ll every bet ona virtual race ….sad as I really though def red would have won the real thing , be a big ask to win it next year as a 12 year old

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2897

Scundered they made Many Clouds fall in the Champions race. He never fell in his life (BD once). Also- what’s with all the refusals in the first half of the race?

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2897

WD Final Furlong and bigG :good:

patriot1patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 451

“your heart goes out to Aso and Charlie Deutsch”.

Truly bizarre.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.